Format: Paperback|Change

This book is extremely user friendly. Case examples are used throughout and the realities of mental health care addressed from both a provider and service user perspective. The information provided also helps to understand the process of mental health nursing and where it fits within service provision. This is very useful for new comers to the profession or those attempting to teach it. One of the features that enhances the credibility of this text is the free online resources to support learning. I recommend this book for all mental health nursing students to beg, borrow or buy.
on 24 May 2011
This book was one of only 2 that university recommended we buy during our nurse training. It covers most areas simply, and the activities and case studies are really useful (I usually skip this part of a book). The book got us through one of our exams almost single handedly. It offers the perspective of the nurse, patient and family rather being entirely disorder focussed. I still refer to the book regularly since qualifying. I cant recommend this book enough for any student mental health nurse.
on 26 June 2014
I bought this book in my first year of nursing, during that excited phase of buying loads of books that you eventually never read or look at a few times for a reference. This is definitely not one of them books. This has been the one that I have probably read from cover to cover, it is really user-friendly and covers loads of topics, and it's light enough to carry in my bag on placement. I'm going into my 3rd year and I'm still using it as a reference point for things. If you have to buy one book as a student nurse, I would highly recommend this one.
on 1 May 2010
I find this book very easy to get along with and the added bonus of online guidance is a great help when looking at scenarios. A worthwhile purchase.
on 30 March 2013
Recommended for 1st year student nurses, if you only buy one book buy this one. I found this book really informative and easy to navigate through!
on 14 September 2015
Thorough and concise. I've read this cover to cover and look forward to re-visiting it time and again during my degree studies. The content is superior to the writing style, but this is a minor gripe.
on 25 November 2015
Fast delivery, fab book, ideal for a student like myself.
on 22 October 2014