5.0 out of 5 stars A world of eternal truths
This is the third volume of Euripides I have recently enjoyed. About Easter I began to read and study classical literature, all bought from Amazon U.K. Some I had previously read, Dante's "vision" , "Paradise Lost", and Homer.
Published on 23 Dec. 2010 by Joseph

1.0 out of 5 stars muddled editions of same title with different content
This is the Penguin edition iwth the same title as the Oxford Classic. I downloaed this one to my Kindle but it does not include Iphigenia among the Taurians, which is the play I needed to read.
You have the wrong edition in the Kindle option so I have asked for it to be deleted.
Published 19 months ago by marina warner

5.0 out of 5 stars A world of eternal truths, 23 Dec. 2010
Feel priviledged to have access to this ancient world with it's eternal truths and wisdom. Now I have read the Iliad again, in Penguin DeLuxe edition; will gladly get to know more of these.
I enjoyed especially the Comedies of Terence...just as if one had a front stalls seat in the theatre!
The notes at the back of these books are of great help, particularly in the Oxford World's Classics series.
Euripides "Hecuba" should not be missed and I heard a most interesting interview with Frank McGuiness on his staging of this great work, by way of iTunes and my iPod!
I am a pensioner with an appetite for learning, trying to make up for my laziness as a schoolboy and, thanks to Amazon U.K.this I am doing!
Malcolm, from Northern England but long time resident of Norway.

1.0 out of 5 stars muddled editions of same title with different content, 15 July 2013
marina warner (London, UK United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic book, 6 Feb. 2012
I only read the Bacchae because it was part of my classics syllabus so the review is just for that play. This play can be difficult if you know little about the gods and the rules back in ancient Greece. The plot for the play is really good with the focus of madness and people in a craze which really makes the play have humour but also is quite disturbing. It lets into how powerful the gods are and how they can do what they like for whatever reason they like making them worse than humans because they have no consequences for their actions. This book should be read because it a classic play and is enjoyable to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 24 Jan. 2014
An interesting read. I needed to do this for my university course. It came quickly and it was a good book to have as of its quality. I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bacchae and Other Plays (Penguin Classics), 25 Nov. 2013
Chris Brown "C J M Brown" (Mount Victoria, Wellington, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
Euripides is one of my favourite ancient Greek authors and this volume was a replacement for a lost copy of the same. Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with product, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Bacchae and Other Plays (Oxford World's Classics) (Paperback)
Really pleased with purchase, a good quality & a fairly quickly dispatched order - would recommend to other interested buyers

Bacchae and Other Plays (Oxford World's Classics)
Bacchae and Other Plays (Oxford World's Classics) by Euripides (Paperback - 12 Jun. 2008)