5.0 out of 5 stars First rate and very good value
This is an excellent product that builds language skills and confidence quickly. I used Linguaphone to teach myself German in the 1980s and found that a positive experience. Now my youngest needs to learn German at school and we felt that he needed some help - and so we chose this. In my view, this is better than Linguaphone at much less cost. Better because the...
Published on 28 Jan. 2010 by D. Ballard

3.0 out of 5 stars Pound for pound this set is good value
4 CDs with hours of German dialogue - check;
Thick book with transcripts and tests to read at the same time as listening to the CDs - check;
MP3 download so you can out it on your ipod/mp3 player - check;
Being able to explain difficult German masculine/feminine and verb endings etc clearly - check.
Published on 29 April 2011 by GT

5.0 out of 5 stars Those learning kits are the best !, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
I have 4 of those, for different languages and they are THE best with CDs included, you can learn really quickly and it's explained clearly, for anyone to understand. Very good choice either for beginners or if you like one of the languages and would like to learn more about it, be able to speak with someone on holiday, be able to read news from different countries, or even for pure knowledge! Perceft choice for everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars structured and enjoyable reading, 31 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
BBC German Steps is a good start. However you( perhaps me) do not feel you are in a good hand!
This book is using the same sort of structure. With CDs/ or you can download all and import it to your mobile/iPad,..
the Audio gives you time to listen and asks you to get involved with enough pauses and then let you know the correct answer.
Book is small enough, you can take it with you and read it while commuting, etc.. And perhaps listen using your MP3 player ( iPhone, iPad,...). Comparing with other book I have; you feel you are in a good hand and you can learn 20min a day; without pushing yourself. Enjoyable reading. Thanks OUP!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Nov. 2009
R. T. Green - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
This set is very good. It has an easy, clear structure and the book and cds allow you to quickly pick up german.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 8 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
I'm studying German by myself with this book and I have to say that, although it will never substitute real classes, it is very very useful and really well written/organized.
The only fault is that some recording are not 100% up to date and they talk about Marks rather than Euros...

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful tool for beginning German, 30 July 2012
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
This is a very good beginning German learning set. It is not as sophisticated at Rosetta Stone or Transparent German, but that is reflected in the much lower price. The combination of CDs and workbook fit together very well, and make learning as easy as it can be. It also makes repetition easy for those without perfect memories! The dialog speakers also speak slowly and pronounce each word very distinctly, which helps you get it right the first time. A very good start to learning the language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for our 8 year old Grandson, 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
After a weekend looking after our 3 grandchildren 1 aged 8 one 5 and the other a baby. My husband taught them what little German he knew. Counting to 20 which the two boys picked up immediately. A few weeks later it was the oldest 8th birthday and he asked for a German CD. After much research I found this and the reviews suggested that it was suitable for all ages. My grandson was highly delighted with it as was his brother and he learns a little most days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 28 Mar. 2013
Mr. Paul Sutton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
This is clearly a very old product - which may account for the very interesting Amazon price.
Once or twice they have forgotten to update Marks into Euros.
But as a first course in German, it is very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good method, 6 Oct. 2012
Gary B. Stewart "debutant" (Burgundy, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
Used the Oxford Take Off series method for Italian and was surprised at how rapidly I was able to get a reasonable working command of the language (5 weeks). Found I could make myself understood very well and even had compliments on my accent. Am trying the German Take Off method now and find it equally good. My problem with any language is that even though I can express myself fairly well, I have a lot of difficulty understanding what is said back to me. Can't really blame this on the method since I am rather deaf and no spring chicken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 22 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
I ummed and ahhed about which course to get as I did German many years ago and know a bit. I have done a couple of units now and think this is really very good and clear. I would certainly recommmend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) (CD-ROM)
This a great course, covering grammer as well as just the words and phrases many inferior courses restrict themselves to. Lively, fun and cut into helpful sections with audio support, this is terrific!

Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs)
Oxford Take Off in German (Paperback with CDs) by Oxford University Press (CD-ROM - 17 April 2008)
Usually dispatched within 11 to 12 days