4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful
Indispensible for new psychology students. My only criticism is the amount of cross referencing - although useful to some extent it can mean you looking up a large number of words to disocver the meaning of just one, with the result that you get a bit lost...
Published on 31 Mar 2010 by studyhound

2.0 out of 5 stars Initial Impressions - not so great...
I've owned this book for a matter of days but have been disappointed. I'm a psychology degree student. Most recent essay - "Consciousness". However, terms like "Access Consciousness; Phenomenal Consciousness; Monitoring Consciousness and Self-Consciousness" are not included. The term "pseudoseizure" is omitted...to name just a handful of words I've tried to look up. I was...
Published on 11 Aug 2003 by Reflections

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 31 Mar 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars as always, oxford is the best, 1 Dec 2009
Helga (Paphos, Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Dictionary of Psychology (Oxford Paperback Reference) (Paperback)
There is forsure some cheaper psychology dictionaries but i found investing in the oxford dictionaries is so much more rewarding. No effort and time spend in explaining terms in detail this is an excellent buy and worth those few extra pennies.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Ideal book for any student or teacher, 20 Jun 2001
By A Customer
This book is a fantastic book for anyone studying or anyone interested in psychology. It helps find the meanings to many complex words used in psychology,etc. Coming from a student of psychology i have found this book very helpful for essay work. This book has helped me find new words and the layout is easy to read and easy to find any key words

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource, 6 Dec 2009
C. Davies (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A great reference book, I really enjoyed just flicking though and having a read or using whilst completing coursework, I also brought a copy for my partner who is completing a degree he has found it very useful and informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can recomend to all students., 6 Nov 2009
Martin A. Nicholls "Pzyko" (East Anglia UK) - See all my reviews
Just started a counceling course and can highly recomend it, also recomended by Open University students on Psychology and councelling courses.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty useful overall., 11 Oct 2010
This is a fairly useful dictionary of psychology and has been fairly useful for my first year of my psychology degree. It is not completely comprehensive, however, and I have now purchased a second hand Penguin psychology dictionary to compensate for this. The Penguin dictionary has impressed me with the detail it goes into in it's definitions

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 5 Dec 2008
I have found this book to be a great help in deciphering many of the more obscure terms and phrases in psychology. Its well put together and easy to use and I have no doubt I will continue to refer to it in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very useful, 12 May 2011
I am studying a hypno-psychotherapy course and find this book incredibly useful when writing essays. I'm sure if you look you'll find words missing but I doubt that will happen very often; it even covers topics that I would not have expected.
As with any dictionary it's a dip in and out when you need to.
For the money, I wouldn't be without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Students of Psychology, 13 Jan 2011
During revision, I found it annoying that I had to keep writing down and googling words I didn't understand, so was recommended in buying a dictionary specifically for the subject area. The book arrived quickly and is great, I can read the core texts of my course and have the dictionary beside me ready for the words I don't understand to become clear! Can't fault it, is massive and I've yet to NOT to find a word I've been looking for. Ideal for students in their first year when the whole concept of psychology is a bit alien and also ideal for those who are just interested in the subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 9 May 2010
I have found the definitions clear and easy to understand, it has come in very useful when writing essays for my psychology course to help me reword terms in my textbooks. I am sure I will get lots more use from this dictionary as I progress through my degree.

A Dictionary of Psychology (Oxford Paperback Reference)
A Dictionary of Psychology (Oxford Paperback Reference) by Andrew M. Colman (Paperback - 26 Feb 2009)