5.0 out of 5 stars Little dictionary
This is a brilliant little dictionary/thesaurus, especially if you're a crossword fanatic like me - I would thoroughly recommend it to both young and old alike.
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by Mrs. J. Bulloch

3.0 out of 5 stars Great dictionary BUT not particularily 'Pocket' friendly!
Published on 6 Nov 2009 by Jacspratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Little dictionary, 9 Mar 2009
Mrs. J. Bulloch "junetybee" (Woolfords, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pocket Oxford Dictionary and Thesaurus (Dictionary/Thesaurus) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my grandson., 12 Aug 2013
Grandson is moving up to secondary school in September. This is an ideal little Gift for him. Very pleased with this book. Good value for money in hardback form.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great dictionary BUT not particularily 'Pocket' friendly!, 6 Nov 2009
Great dictionary - Good use of Dictionary and Thesaurus combined together and easy to use - However, I DID order this as an extra dictonary intended for my 9 year old daughters school bag ...... But is far from pocket size!!! NOW granted I should have checked the measurements (BUT DIDN'T).......... I went by the description 'POCKET' but unless you have pockets the sze of the BFG, I'd suggest going for the MINI one instead!! :-D

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 26 Sep 2011
The book was on the expected quality. I am fully satisfied wit the item received. Delivery service also on time I am fully satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 28 Sep 2010
I bought two of these for the kids but only after flipping through the various options at the bookstore. This one ticked the most boxes: good size - weight and font size, combined thesaurus - really useful, good value - on Amazon. Definitely recommended. Perfect for children age 7-10+ BTW, I had to see for myself how big/small exactly "POCKET" meant...it won't fit in your typical blazer/trouser pocket. In fact, it takes up my entire glove compartment in the car! =p

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it really a pocket dictionary?, 6 Jan 2010
I bought this as a small present for my wife as she is keen on crosswords and word games etc. I thought this would be a nice little surprise as I had chided her about the old Oxford dictionary she was using, that was disintegrating every time she searched it to help her answer a difficult conundrum. This weathered and dilapidated little book was still a favourite of my wife because it fitted nicely in the hand and was easy to thumb through (or was before the pages started falling out).

I intimated that I would try and do something about it and the 'Pocket' Oxford Dictionary & Thesaurus apparently suggested the ideal solution. Imagine my disappointment when the dictionary arrived for me to discover that the only 'pocket' that this book would fit into would be one that you might find on the inside of a car door, or maybe on the front of a kangaroo - and then it might be a squeeze. The description is totally misleading and naturally conveys the impression that is small and pocket sized, that is, fits a coat pocket.

I think the description should make it clear that the dictionary is nowhere near as compact as the title suggests. I subsequently found out that the 'Little' Oxford Dictionary & Thesaurus is closer to the handy pocket-size I had been expecting.

It's strange that a book about the true definition of words should so utterly deceive us with the misnomer in its title!

5.0 out of 5 stars gift, 13 May 2014
this and other oxford are for gifts for twins, tell them to learn a new word every day, and that a Dic/Thes,make good 'coffee table books, open book up any page and you will find something interesting

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help for crossword addicts., 25 Feb 2013
P. Cooke (Suffolk UK) - See all my reviews
My old one fell apart from years of use. This dictionary has a lot more information in a seperate centre section. Very handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 18 Dec 2012
Very easy, quick and satisfactory purchase. Will make a good present for my nephews and was a good price, satisfied customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Dictionary, 8 Nov 2012
Good Dictionary, but you would need really big, deep pockets to truly define this as a pocket dictionary. Very large and quite heavy.

Pocket Oxford Dictionary and Thesaurus (Dictionary/Thesaurus)
Pocket Oxford Dictionary and Thesaurus (Dictionary/Thesaurus) by Oxford Dictionaries (Hardcover - 8 May 2008)
6.99