4.0 out of 5 stars Quality - But Compact it Ain't, 14 Oct 2011
Steve (Wakefield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Compact Oxford English Dictionary for University and College Students (Paperback)
This Dictionary is fantastic in terms of content and meets all my sons requirements for school - However whats hard to tell from the picture is that although the title is "Compact Oxford English Dictionary for Students" it is not very compact at all. It is A5 in size and about 2 inches thick so quite weighty. It came as a suprise to me so thought I should warn you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Oxford, 21 Mar 2014
Well it goes without saying this great Students Dictionary has been very helpful to me I would recommend it completely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, 12 April 2011
The Compact title could lead you to think it'll fit in your pocket - it won't. Great dictionary got all you need but weighs 1.3kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 23 Jan 2011
R. H. Allan (UK) - See all my reviews
Compact Oxford English Dictionary for University and College Students
This dictionary is superb, containing the requiste number of words needed for my work and study. I have found the definitions in this dictionary to be the best that I have seen written in any dictionary. The only disadvantage is the product is still only published in Paperback.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, 3 Dec 2010
I am a first year student at University, and I am finding this dictionary a huge help to me. University speak is like another language to me, but with the help of this dictionary I'm finding and discovering their meanings, but it is also helping me with my assignments. The only disadvantage of the product, is that in my opinion there is nothing compact about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dictionary, 1 July 2011
Definitely not "compact", but it's a great dictionary. Contains useful information about the English grammar and orthography. It's helpful if you are learning the language. I'm Spanish, and bought it because I need a good help when reading books in English, which I often do, and Spanish-English dictionaries are usually short on vocabulary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 28 May 2011
Good purchase, i found the section in the middle of the dictionary that helps you with written (spellings,grammer, layout of work ect) very useful.

Compact Oxford English Dictionary for University and College Students