5.0 out of 5 stars The best so far
Published on 10 Jan 2010 by RB Jansen

1.0 out of 5 stars Far from being the best
This book is a companion to the Open University Cognitive Psychology module. If you do the course, you get a copy with the course materials. I bought my own copy to start reading before the course started, and wish I'd saved my money.
Published on 28 Feb 2012 by Schopenhauer’s ghost

5.0 out of 5 stars The best so far, 10 Jan 2010
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
I have bought 4 books on Cognitive Psychology and this one is the best so far! It is easy to read. Whereas I find some other books use too much academical language and make me read every page 3X before I understand what is meant this one is very clear and understandable. Every sector in each chapter has its own summary which makes everything even easier to memorize. The only thing I wish was that there would be a clear evaluation after each sector. For this I still use Eysenck and Keane.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
This book is very interesting. It helped me a lot in learning about basic cognitive psychology and basic knowledge in psychology as a whole. i would recommend this alongside the handbook that comes as an addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, with Stimulating Questions and Activities, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
This was one of the texts recommended for our Psychology of Thinking module and I am delighted I bought it. Various subject experts have introduced and developed their topics engagingly, with stimulating questions and activities. In addition, each chapter includes a selection of items for further reading, with short explanations of why a particular item has been chosen. I found this very valuable. The book also has a consistent and pleasant colour scheme for each of the five parts and chapter sections, which I appreciated.
I would recommend this text to any student interested in understanding the topics and issues of the Psychology of Thinking or Cognitive Psychology.

1.0 out of 5 stars Far from being the best, 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
As a textbook, it does not bear comparison with the definitive work by Eysenck and Keane; this volume is far too `wordy' and succeeds in making some topics utterly incomprehensible. For example, I learnt logic at senior school level 30 years ago, and I'm sure I could give a better account than the one presented here.

I gave up on this book and used only Eysenck (and Andrade and May's `instant notes'), and got a level 1 pass. If I had stuck with this text, I'm sure my result would have been poorer.

Finally, If you are a student with a `global' learning style, this one is definitely not for you - each topic is developed in an entirely piecemeal manner, with no real sense of flow. Very disappointing, especially given the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars cognitive psychology, 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
This book is of great value to a final year undergraduate. It is of great importance in experimental cognitive psychology and is a fantistic guide for those of you who want to do research in cognitive processes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
Good book -long, however this does enable it to cover all topics needed, especially for undergraduate psychology and detailed enough so that it is easy to understand.
Problem -delivery was awful and had to have a second book sent out (huge complicated situation) but i've never had trouble with delivery before so only a slight issue!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cog Psychology, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
Had to buy it for my university course but found it not all that helpful. Tended to read more journal articles, for me it was a bit of a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
The text book 'Cognitive Psychology' is in excellent condition when I received the book within two days of purchase and the price was really good! I am happy with the products thanks a lot!!!! :D

Cognitive Psychology: A Methods Companion
Cognitive Psychology: A Methods Companion by Nick Braisby (Paperback - 10 Feb 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01