4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for both beginners and people of interest alike
Published on 29 Jan 2007 by Ms. K. Powers

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not detailed enough
I found this book good for certain topics but I found that a majority of the time there just wasn't enough information. I feel that in certain chapters it tries to cover too many issues at once and as a result doesn't provide enough detailed information. However I did find it useful when I needed to look the work and viewpoints of several different researchers.
Published 10 months ago by Vikki

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for both beginners and people of interest alike, 29 Jan 2007
This review is from: Criminology (Paperback)
Both my flatmate and I purchased this book for our criminology course. As a complete newbe to the subject I found this book well written with plenty of clear examples. My flatmate, who took A- level sociology, again found it usful as the information provided goes into great detail, instead of just including the basics. Basically this is a great book whether you are clueless like me or want to build up a greater understanding of crime in society.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver, 25 Dec 2010
C. Mascall "Tips22" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Criminology (Paperback)
I have just completed my 1st year, 1st semester Criminology module at my (UK) University. This, being the core textbook, was required for my course (which in itself is a nice change as most modules do not have 1 set text anymore).

I cannot praise this book more highly. It not only has separate Introduction, Findings and Conclusion sections with useful boxes round it to make it clear, it also has at least a few pictures which is a welcome change from text heavy readings. Also, the book is relatively easy to follow considering it follows the Social Science model of 'a sentence is not really a sentence unless it's 10 lines long'. It also explains concepts clearly, concisely and simply.

Add to this it's associated website which has full chapter summaries and lots of other resources and I'd suggest this is one of the best core textbooks on the market and not even that expensive. (Although I have had to spend 30 on a single textbook so I'm not the best judge of that).

I do not do a full Criminology degree and this is my favourite book off the course excluding Craig Webber's Psychology and Crime (Key Approaches to Criminology)

A good all round text.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not detailed enough, 13 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Criminology (Paperback)
This book is one useful book that can facilitate students' understanding of the subject & it is definitely worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Criminology (Paperback)
Exactly what i wanted and the item has proved to be great value for the money that i paid for it

4.0 out of 5 stars criminoogy, 11 Feb 2013
C. Martin (Guernsey Channel islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Criminology (Paperback)
my nephew was very pleased with this book i will buy form you again if i need to buy more books

Criminology
Criminology by Chris Hale (Paperback - 5 May 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01