4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide to Pleadings
Pleadings without tears
I am not a lawyer but commonly become involved in civil litigation and adjudication. I was recommended this book by a colleague who also qualified as a lawyer and found it enjoyable entertaining and informative.
Published on 12 April 2009 by Stephen Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy, but too many exclamation marks!!!!
I ordered this book simply to have it on hand as and when I needed a quick reference to a pleadings guide. I have read the first couple of chapters, and browsed through others, and while I enjoy the tone and style of the book, I simply must state my annoyance at the use of exclamation marks!!!

The author uses a good 5 or 6 exclamation marks per page. I can...
Published on 11 Nov. 2011 by Katherine Mansfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy, but too many exclamation marks!!!!, 11 Nov. 2011

The author uses a good 5 or 6 exclamation marks per page. I can understand how the author intends for the sentence to sound with an exclamation mark, but in written work the overuse of the exclamation mark is just annoying.(!!!) For the record, I am no Fowler, but I am sure he would not approve.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide to Pleadings, 12 April 2009
Stephen Hall "Steve Hall" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
Pleadings without tears
This is a quick study of the process and principles of pleadings with useful examples that show both how to and how not to go about things. It is an excellent introduction to the art of preparing statements of case and replies at all levels.
This book is called an introduction but is far better than that it explains the theory and principles of pleadings and the reasoning behind whether to make replies or requests etc in simple terms that would comply fully with the requirements of the latest Civil Procedure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 20 April 2013
this is a very useful book for those who has no access to a reliable lawyer in te UK, that is, for the majority of the English folk. It can help to avoid some traps in murky English judicial underworld, but just some of them only. Besides, the book is useful as a guidance in very simplistic cases against small businesses and for damages only, and it is useless for judicial review cases. It is virtually useless in cases agaist the Government, police and the State.

5.0 out of 5 stars astonishingly useful for the paralegal *and* the enthusiastic amateur, 24 Feb. 2015
Mr. M. Decker "mdecker" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Essential reading, astonishingly useful for the paralegal *and* the enthusiastic amateur!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleading without tears, 17 Oct. 2013
Must Have very good read want you start can not put down the author of this book knowers his stuff

Pleadings Without Tears: A Guide to Legal Drafting under the Civil Procedure Rules
Used & New from: £2.73