Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 20 December 2007
This book is extremely useful as a reference manual even if you are not in general practice. I certainly use it everyday for quick reference when I see patients in clinics.

The only issue is that the proof-reading was a little slack and there are small inconsistencies, spelling mistakes and, in one particular table, boxes that were left blank when they should have been filled.
on 26 May 2009
As a GP trainee and now trainer, I have found the Oxford Handbook series invaluable. Comprehensive, accessible, and a handy size for carrying around; this is a must-have text for all GPs, no matter what stage they are at.
on 23 September 2005
If you are working in general practice or district nursing or as a modern matron/case manager in long term conditions this is a superb text, easy to dip in and out of (though it would be nice if it had bigger print - for old 'uns like me anyway).
Useful web sites, lots of stuff to jog old memories, fits in bag or pocket all in all wouldn't be without it.
on 11 February 2008
I have found this book to be an extremely useful guide for a rapid and comprehensive review of clinical presentations often encountered in general practice.I believe it is also a very useful aid to help one prepare for the MRCGP examination.Highly recommended.
on 29 March 2009
I bought this book for work and for exams. Is incredibly detailed, yet accessible when you need to rife through it quickly whilst in clinic. Up-to-date, clear and has excellent coverage of material.
on 18 February 2011
This book is a bible. It is one of the best buy. It has everything you need, all in one. Before I would carry many books, and now I only need one. It is my bible for the medical world, and I take it everywhere, because the answer is there. Great book everyone in the medical world/and student world should have one.
on 26 August 2002
Never before has there been written a more complete general practice text. This book covers all the syllabus of a general practioners in a way which is both easy to understand and memorise.
This really is a must for all prospective medical students with an eye on a GP post.
I underestimated this book when I first got it, because I felt it was not detailed enough, however I now feel differently. It is very adequate for General Practice and an invaluable resource for the applied knowledge test (AKT).It also very adequate for daily consultations, and the contents cover the everyday presentations to general practice which you sometimes cannot find in standard medical textbooks. Some of those presentations that have you going 'oops ' what am I dealing with here are all covered howbeit sometimes in a nut shell. It is comprehensive and an excellent book for General practice. The only down side is that, the frequency with which the NICE guidelines changes some of the management plans need looking up from time to time to ensure they are still valid.
on 6 June 2010
I got these 4 years ago when I was in GP training, very useful for quick reference and revision for exams, still use it occasionally, concise and easy to read, logically organised. This is essential reference book for all GPs and training GPs.
on 7 January 2010
I have receieved my copy of the new third edition of the Oxford handbook of General Practice without any problems. It has been substantially updated from the second edition but is still as useful as ever. Highly recommended.