5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for anyone doing a Biology based course.
I was recommended to buy this by my university and I have never regretted doing so. I would say that this book is absolutely essential to anyone who is undertaking a Biology course from A-level upwards.
Published on 21 Jan. 2012 by Tom_H

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish I hadn't bought this
Like other reviewers I find this dictionary constantly frustrating. It is not comprehensive, and more often than not it doesn't have the term I am looking for, meaning I have to resort to the internet or textbooks. For example, it has the definition for 'jaw' but lacks 'qualia' and 'geosmins'. Not recommended for anyone above A level.
Published on 20 May 2008 by Ms. Lin Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for anyone doing a Biology based course., 21 Jan. 2012
This review is from: A Dictionary of Biology (Oxford Quick Reference) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 6 Jan. 2012
This was purchased for my Daughter who is in her first year of a Bsc and she says that is have proved invaluable. So money well spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars A handy reference, 29 Dec. 2008
Magnus Johnson (UK) - See all my reviews
I got this as a freebie along with its companion "Oxford Dictionary of Earth Sciences" and I use both now and again. I'm not sure that it is possible to produce a single volume dictionary to a subject as diverse as "biology" (which includes zoology, marine biology, botany, molecular biology etc) that will satisfy all of the people all of the time. However this is a good starting point and worth investing in.

4.0 out of 5 stars good general help, 9 Feb. 2014
my son and I share this and have found it useful for both of our courses, GCSE biology and I use it to help in my microbiology, good simple guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 19 Mar. 2012
Very useful! Would recommend it to anyone doing a-levels, I've got one for each subject now and it's proving to help lots with all the keywords.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good comprehensive resource., 15 Mar. 2013
This has been a very useful resource for me while studying for my BSc, however it is missing a lot of terms that are commonly encountered in animal behaviour textbooks / papers which would make it an excellent resource if they were included. Very useful for anyone studying a biological degree or encountering scientific papers on a regular basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... at university studying Forensic Science and she is very happy with this and said it will really help her, 7 Jan. 2015
Bought this for my granddaughter with other books as she is at university studying Forensic Science and she is very happy with this and said it will really help her. Very useful book, excellent delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Dictionary of Biology, 2 Jan. 2014
This was particulary asked for as a Christmas present, the recipient was delighted with the purchase. This has been added to his Oxford Dictionaries making a great collection

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book, 4 Mar. 2013
This book is a must have for those studying biology at college and undergraduate level. I have used this many times and it is easy to understand the definitions.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for Biology Students, 12 Nov. 2014
Perfect companion for any Biology student, definitions are detailed but concise. Includes mini pictures here and there which help out hugely.

A Dictionary of Biology (Oxford Quick Reference)
A Dictionary of Biology (Oxford Quick Reference) by Elizabeth Martin (Paperback - 14 Feb. 2008)