5.0 out of 5 stars Good, No-nonsense Help, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: A German Reference Grammar (Paperback)
Having become thoroughly disillusioned with modern approaches to foreign language teaching and learning - gimmicky so-called "text books" full of pretty pictures but thin on the principles of grammar and Adult Ed. teachers who spend more time fiddling with memory sticks and projecting flickering presentations onto white-boards than they do on face-to-face interaction with their students, I wanted a good, old-fashioned German Grammar, so that I can work on my own at home and hopefully make more progress than I have been able to do at the increasingly expensive Local Authority classes, A relative who taught German for many years before she retired, recommended this book and it is absolutely excellent. So far, so good................This is how we used to learn in the "bad old days". The sooner we return to them, the better, as far as I am concerned. I am so pleased this publication can still be found. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A companion text over the years., 5 Oct. 2014
This review is from: A German Reference Grammar (Paperback)
As a pupil I used this book for O and A levels back in the early eighties. Now, as a recently qualified teacher, having in the meantime got my degree in German and used the language in business for many years, I still come back to it as a comprehensive reference in order to check correct usage. It is clearly set out with copious examples to illustrate the pertinent points. Einfach wunderbar!

A German Reference Grammar
A German Reference Grammar by Robin T. Hammond (Paperback - 1996)
Used & New from: £0.01