4.0 out of 5 stars A creative diversion!, 22 Feb. 2007
L. F. Speake - See all my reviews
My daughter has really enjoyed using this book and has written many poems since receiving it. There are "starts" at the back of the book, containing the first few lines of a poem, and the reader is invited to finish them. This helped to get into different poetry styles and was a good confidence builder. A great, fun way of increasing your childs vocabulary, writing skills and creativity.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and informative, 7 Jan. 2010
Opening this book is a lovely surprise: the slightly stuffy cover is totally out shone by the beautiful and witty illustrations inside. These fun pictures and the wide variety of little poems, limerics and nonsense sayings sprinkled throughout make this book a hit with my nine year old. It's set out in a very appealing and user friendly way - and seems well made for years of repeated use! Does exactly what it says on the cover - in a heartwarming, humerous and gorgeously visual way.

5.0 out of 5 stars finally got around to buying it, 21 Jan. 2013
Over the years I had often formed the intention to buy a rhyming dictionary for my own children and never got round to it. Now that they are grown I bought it for myself when I needed a junior science dictionary for a lesson plan (for once I accepted the "price for all three" recommendation from Amazon on the product buying options page with the science dictionary). Well this rhyming dictionary is amazing. I have enjoyed looking at the write your own poetry section (which would definitely be useful in a literacy lesson). Today this book has helped me find words for the alternative spelling of the sound ow (owl) for a phonics lesson. The alternative spelling is ou (out) there were lots of words and I have plenty of examples to work from. A lovely book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 26 May 2011
I got this for my daughter to support her KS1/KS2 learning. She loves it, homework times are less of a battle and much more fun. Well illustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Dec. 2014
brilliant...even better than an adult rhyming dictionary as it has more commonly used words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 8 Feb. 2010
J. Walkley (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my 8 year old cousin's birthday. She enjoys writing rhyming poems and at the back it has definitions of other simple poems she can create. It is (apparently) very easy to use and has great pictures and ideas for inspiration all the way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Grandchildren use it a lot, 24 Sept. 2014
Excellent. Grandchildren use it a lot.

Oxford Junior Rhyming Dictionary
Oxford Junior Rhyming Dictionary by Rupert Van Wyck (Hardcover - 7 July 2005)
Used & New from: £1.39