on 8 January 2005
As a medical secretary I find this book easy to use and very useful. There aren't many occasions when the word I am looking for is not in here. Good explanations, so good infact that the other secretaries often borrow it!
on 27 November 2007
This dictionary has been an invaluable source of information throughout my time as a dental student. It explains medical and dental terms with clarity and enough depth if you just want a basic idea of what a particular term means. It hasn't let me down so far! :)
on 1 August 2006
This is a very plain book with only a handful of diagrams, it is jsut a dictionary. I find it very useful as a massage therapist to look up what clients are telling me to help me to choose an appropraite course of massge for them. If you want something with loads of pretty diagrams this is not the one for you: if you just want the definition of a medical term and a brif explanation, then this book is very good.
on 4 October 2004
I bought this book when I first went to Medical school so that I could ensure I could understand the texts that I was reading before I went. It seemed like a good idea at the time - and during the basics of the medical course it was. However, I soon found myself wanting a more detailed dictionary. If you're considering buying this book, this is my advice for you. Consider: if you're serious about your medical course ignore these cheaper dictionaries and go for on eof the large ones such as Dorlands straight away. If, however you want easing into the course, or aren't sure whether it's for you, go for this one until you finally make your decision.
on 9 August 2010
This an excellent resource for medical secretaries everywhere (much better than Steadmans). Don't leave it lying around though, those cheeky GP's will whip anything off your desk that's not chained down!
on 1 June 2012
I think this book is very useful to have but i am very disappointed with the condition of it. I was told in the write up that it was in very good unmarked condition with uncreased spine. I found it to be dirty & torn with a very creased spine. A replacement was sent but it was no better,it has writing inside & has been 'sticky back pastic' backed with glittery starts underneath which is not acceptable in my opinion even if the price is low,they are only fit for the bin!
on 10 February 2012
Great book, I too work in the medical sector and it has had everything I have come across. Maybe a bit basic for a medical student, but fantastic for me. For the price and being a second hand book it was in excellent condition.
on 11 November 2014
I've used this over and over again as a medical secretary. Very handy,
on 5 November 2014
Husband uses for reference to pass exams
on 13 June 2015