Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 November 2015
A very helpful companion,
well organized for student work.
on 2 November 2015
nice
on 23 October 2015
Yes, very good (about to send to my granddaughter who has started Latin at her Comprehensive) and better than 'Tags & Phrases'. However I'm disappointed that the only two phrases I remember from O level Latin (1957, scraped a pass, grade 4) do not feature: 'O me miserum' = 'O woe is me' = buggeration; 'Alii alia dicunt' - 'Some say one thing, some say another'. Why do I remember these tags????? Strange that they do not feature in this book nor 'Tags & Phrases'.
on 7 August 2015
Gift
on 10 April 2015
I researched which book to buy for my husband who has never tackled latin but wanted to start to understand it from scratch. He reports that this is great for his purposes. I thought that the mixture of phrases and word would be interesting without being too heavy....I didnt want to buy him a dictionary, or the like.....Anyway he hasnt finished it but has started it and is enjoying it
on 15 August 2014
f9p-[
VINE VOICEon 21 July 2014
As a 'Via Media' or middle way ( I have just looked this up in the dictionary concerned), this is an ideal book for those who didn't study Latin at school; and doesn't want to learn the language but likes to use the odd Latin phrase to add polish or gravitas to a sentence.

An excellent book that is easy to navigate; with proverbs translated into Latin, a list of Latin writers and a section with legal terms.

Worth its weight in gold!
on 5 May 2014
It says 'Words and Phrases' on the cover but is not a Latin Dictionary as such. The quotes though are useful and clearly laid out.
on 28 April 2014
I bought this because i wanted to drop latin phrases in at social gatherings and look like a smart arse. It works brilliantly! Half the time I don't think they even apply to the situation but nobody seems to notice.
on 13 March 2014
An interesting and useful addition to the library, adding a dimension to understanding that one otherwise ignored and googled to solve.