5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Get a copy of this for your school/college/university/work bag, 13 Feb 2008
R. Canfield "ruggarob" (Letchworth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford Dictionary of Sports Science and Medicine (Hardcover)
Now at university, I have used a version of this book since i first found it when doing A-level PE. Then i was using the first edition, when i prgoressed onto a degree in Sports Studies I started using the second edition and now as a student can't afford this newer version of a fantastic resource. This book gives a good clear understandable description of almost everything you could want to know within the field of sports science and medicine. A great book to go to first for any study of a specific topic, or even just to have next to you when ready, nay, sifting through a thick text book. A great 'primary' secondary research text. Recommended on the highest level. Even better in hardback.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Vital Book For Sports Science Students!!!, 19 Jan 2008
Gordz (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This dictionary is just what I've been looking for! For essays and assignments this has been a life saver for checking up definitions of sports science related words and phrases.

I've found the Oxford Dictionary of Sports and Medicine to be the best book i've ever bought for my degree! But, this book will not only be great for me during my university years, but also would be a great buy to use for GCSE and A-levels as it's not too complicated and explains everything you'd ever need to know!

I don't know what i'd do without this book to be honest! It definitly beats wikipedia and google when searching for words and phrases related to Sports Science hands down!

I would recommend this book to virtually anyone who is doing a sports related degree or course at university, college or school!

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this book!, 16 Oct 2011
Mr. C. Day (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
A must have book for anyone studying sport and sports science! This book has helped me study my Access to HE sport, making my study time easier and more efficient. Definitely worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5* text., 22 May 2009
Although this book was for my partner and not me, I can say that she is finding it totally invaluable during her college course.

Oxford Dictionary of Sports Science and Medicine
Oxford Dictionary of Sports Science and Medicine by Michael Kent (Hardcover - 30 Nov 2006)
Used & New from: 26.97