on 1 October 2008
I have had the pleasure of atteneding several lecture courses by prof. Bowker (author) at cardiff university between 2005-08 and found this book to compliment his lecture material very well - for anyone persuing postgraduate study in physical chemistry particularly catalysis I recommend you get this book along with surfaces (primer 59 Attard (also at Cardiff)/Barnes) to compliment your background knowledge.

James Pritchard BSc (Hons)- now a first year phd student at Cardiff (01/10/08)
on 3 November 2011
The book is a concise informative introduction to the area of heterogeneous catalysis which is good for those such as myself, a postgraduate student who never studied the sundject as an undergraduate. The author explains the main concepts and techniques well and provides useful diagrams as aids. The final chapters of the book contain several case studies that show the applications of heterogeneous catalysis.
on 27 May 2013
Covered aspects of two of my final year modules in great detail (and still had a lot of extra information). Well written and easy to understand even for people without a mathematical mind (such as myself), and nice and small so easy to carry around places.