5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, clear introduction to ADHD, 7 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: ADHD: The Facts (Paperback)
There are lots of books on the market about ADHD but this is one of the best at explaining the emotional and behavioural difficulties that ADHD children face. It also convincingly explains the biological basis of ADHD - a crucial factor given the widespread belief, even among the medical profession, that ADHD childrens' behaviour is really somehow 'your fault'. Though the book discusses all the critical elements of ADHD in some detail it does so in a clear and precise way. I was able to read it in an afternoon and came away with a far better understanding of my son's behaviour. If you suspect your child has ADHD you will need a book like this to deal with the level of ignorance and disbelief you will discover among doctors, teachers and other people. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good informative read, 14 Aug 2005
This review is from: ADHD: The Facts (Paperback)
Having read lots of books about ADHD it was great to find one which was so easy to read (and understand!).
Lots of books you read are highly emotive and seem to want to talk you into the authors way of thinking (ie to medicate or not to medicate), this books presents you with the facts and information you need to make your own informed decisions.
If you are involved in the life of anyone with ADHD I would certainly recomend you read this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: ADHD: The Facts (Paperback)
I wish I had read this book years ago. My son has ADHD and this book tells it in a way you can understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changer, 28 Mar 2009
This review is from: ADHD: The Facts (Paperback)
I bouht this book for research as I lead of team supporting SEN students at a FE college and we are seeing more students with ADHD every year. As I was reading it I realised the list of symptoms for someone with Inattentive type ADHD could be applied to my adult son and me. My son has now been diagnosed and I am waiting for assessment. It answers a lot of questions and explains feelings of self doubt we have both had. More importantly, we now realise how much we have achieved and how much more we still can. I have bought three copies of this book to lend to colleagues and family. It is comprehensive, thought provoking and, for my family, life changing.

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative, 8 April 2009
Mrs. Linda Evans "Linda E" (Guernsey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ADHD: The Facts (Paperback)
bought this book from recommendation, and glad I did! It was totally unbiased, which after talking to the school nurse, and teacher, I welcomed! Read it before you seek professional help, you'll have more idea when the questions start coming in!

ADHD: The Facts
ADHD: The Facts by Mark Selikowitz (Paperback - 29 Jan 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01