1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful and easy guide to science, 25 Jun 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Magic Universe: The Oxford Guide to Modern Science (Hardcover)
I read this book after Bill Bryson's brilliant "Short History...". This is by far the better book.
A chapter is set aside for each subject. The subjects covered are in alphabetical order and you can choose what you want to read about first. There is no requirement to read the book front to back, but I did.
The book is written in a very clear style. There was no point at which I felt that I was out of my depth. At the same time the book is written with an authoritative voice which gives confidence that one is getting a pretty accurate picture.
Nigel Calder is to be congratulated on writing a truely spell binding book. It opened my eyes to the nature of the universe we live in, in a very profound way.
This books tells you everything you need to know about science but were too afraid to ask! Or just did not know where to look! Or just found the explanation you recieved too confusing!

ARRAY(0xad0468dc)

Magic Universe: The Oxford Guide to Modern Science
Magic Universe: The Oxford Guide to Modern Science by Nigel Calder (Hardcover - 25 Sep 2003)
Used & New from: 1.90