5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Great Value.
Published 12 months ago by Mrs Alison H Salm

3.0 out of 5 stars Tin Truck
Published 19 months ago by Lynda Reah

3.0 out of 5 stars Tin Truck, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Oxford Reading Tree Read With Biff, Chip, and Kipper: My Phonics Kit (Read With Biff Chip & Kipper) (Paperback)
This pack did not make it clear that it is not suitable for beginners. I was hoping for something that would help me start teaching my daughter about phonics. The first page asks if your child can confidently read the following words, tin, truck, night, cloth, sun, see, not, clown, look, jog, buzz, road, winner, train and will. If she could confidently read the above words, would she really need extra help with her phonetics test. They suggest that you read the books level 2,3 and 4 of the Biff, Chip and Kipper books for practice, before attempting the workbook. Is it me or this a vicious circle. I wanted help so we could start reading said books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Great Value., 2 May 2014
This exceeded my expectations. My son loves the discovery nature of the reading trail (reading map given) and excellent value with the books on a CD Rom. Activity books are fun and encourage a focus on sounds - linking them with the various spelling combinations. I can't praise this pack enough. If you want to encourage your child to read - this is the best package I have come across for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticker chart included, 11 Jan. 2014
This has 3 books in a pack and a CD compatible with PC and Mac with stories on. There is a clear instruction sheet for parents. The sticker chart can help to motivate the children to do a section at a time. If you wanted to spend longer on each sound though maybe put the chart somewhere not on constant view, as they want to get those stickers! Aimed at UK Year 1 and 2 but a very bright Reception child could cope with some of this, especially the Kipper booklet, the easiest one of the three.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1:1, 3 Jan. 2014
This is absolutely ideal for the work I do with a 6 year old who hates reading! The reward chart has really got them motivated.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for phonics, 25 Mar. 2014
I use this in my lessons to teach English children in Spain how to read and write English, it gives good phonics that are useful and easily explained, this would also be a good resource for parents wanting to teach their children, the only downside is that you cannot photocopy two sides of the book on one A4 page. Other than that it's a useful resource with stickers which my children love.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 1 Jan. 2014
very useful for phonics screening, getting the children prepared for the screening, so they knew about nonsense words etc, happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Help with phonics, 26 Feb. 2012
Parents in Touch - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Phonics can be a confusing area for parents, but one in which many are keen to help their child progress. This resource is an excellent way to build on the work done in school, knowing that it carries on the teaching in a way familiar to children. Oxford Reading Tree is used in 80% of primary schools, so the chances are high that your child will be familiar with the colourful characters of the series.With the advent of the new Government scheme for carrying out a phonics screening check at six, parents are even more keen to help. This pack represents excellent value - it includes three phonics workbooks (which include tips on doing the activities); eBooks and activities on a CD-ROM (this includes all the sounds - a very important and extremely useful feature); a reward chart and information for parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and clear, 18 July 2013
Ms. S. M. Menezes "Susana" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 5 year old in Year one to help her prepare for the "sounds test". I do not much like the books with the original characters as I find the stories a little dry (I much prefer Julia Donaldson's approach) but by George, my daughter loves this. Each page comes with a reward sticker (2 or even three in comes cases) and an additional treat- a chart where you can stick the additional treats for the dog.
It helps children learn the phonemes by association: it gives you a word or a ditty that you can use to remind your child when they get stuck. I found it a brilliant work that has entertained- yes you are reading it right- for hours and days without a single complaint.
That's well work the five stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little learning pack, 9 Feb. 2012
Ms. E. D. Lynch (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 4 year old but it's probably for an older child of around 5 or 6 so I plan to save it till he is able to do it properly. You get a sticker chart and 3 workbooks to do and also a CD rom of activities. A good price to help your child learn to read

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 18 May 2014
Amazon Customer (Hong Kong, Hong Kong Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
indeed value for money. with stickers and games. but books are for older children from 5 up. should askOUP to publish more games, in addition to its bestsellbg books, to tie in with the game-based teaching approach.