Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 August 2013
I came across the Read Write Inc Phonics Collection (18 books) through the Book People and for a fraction of the retail price I bought them. At that point my 4 year old knew all the phonics sounds but could not blend. The very simple, consistent and gradual blending techniques in these phonics book helped my girl to 'get it', and she started to blend quite quickly. Within a month from not knowing how to blend at all, we got through all 18 books and she was able to read with great confidence - that is a priceless moment for a parent! I wanted to continue through the Ruth Miskin reading programme but knew I would not get them at a price as I did through the Book People. I read the reviews for the 'Black and White' versions of the books and thought I'd give it a try as they (again) were much cheaper than the colour version. I found them just as good - a good tip is to get a red colouring pen and go over the words that should be red in the colour version, it doesn't take long! That way my little girl pauses and remembers that this word is a 'tricky word' and may not sound phonetically correct. She is on book 8 out of 10 (typically read one book a day) and I have just ordered the Orange and Yellow sets in the B/W format! It is nice to know that before my girl goes to Reception next month she has had a headstart to the wonderful world of books!
on 24 April 2012
The school that my children are at follows the Read Write Inc system of learning for phonics / literacy and I think it works very well. The children build their phonetic knowledge quickly and have a sound base to start reading. This series of books is the 3rd set and I bought them to for my son to read at home for practise to compliment his phonics work at school. It all seems to be going well, the books are very readable and there are lots of pointers to help you ensure they have good comprehension too. A great system for learning to read.
on 10 March 2013
Bought these for my five year old boy. Set of ten so plenty of extra material for home reading. Support phonic approach. Loved all the suggestion and activities in book. Product description good. Prompt delivery. would look to get more as my child develops skills.
on 24 January 2016
These books are useless on their own. They need teachers handbook or writing notes to go alongside them (which is expensive). It is too late to return them now so is a waste of money!
on 8 June 2015
fantastic ... delivery was earlier than stated ... i have used before and would have no problem in recommending to other buyers.
Keep up the good work.
on 12 July 2013
Same as used in school, so we could read at my sons speed, not schools speed.
Good buy to keep up reading in the holidays
on 17 June 2014
attractive to children good story content not too long encourages progression as children like 'to go on to the next book'
on 17 March 2014
A great way to build confidence in reading. The books progressively get harder and you see real progress, very quickly.
on 30 December 2013
it would be nice the coloured version to be cheaper. but the black and white did the job anyway. I will get the full pack
It has been amazing to see the transition , my 5 year could not read at all when he started to school this September ,and now he has got the confidence to move up the phonics storybooks , they really are great to read and not to long!!!!!