5.0 out of 5 stars The best!
Published 4 months ago by Goldenflower

2.0 out of 5 stars Teaching Aid
This was recommended by my son's school as it is how they teach nowadays apparently. The descriptions that accompany many letters are frankly awful! It is harder to remember these descriptions than it is to remember the letter itself! Complete waste of time.
Published 19 months ago by Dean Penny

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards (Cards)
My daughter is being taught RWI phonics at school and it's a very effective was to understand how to pronounce the words not just know them! The cards are the size of a hand, which is big enough for learning (not too small or too big) the phrase that goes with every sound makes it easier for us parents to follow up on what's being taught. Love how the 2 letters one sound are all in one card such as the TH, CH, NG, NK, SH. So you can always display 3 cards for TH I NK and the count with you....

5.0 out of 5 stars Read Write Set 1 Speed Sound Cards, 10 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards (Cards)
We have found these cards excellent! Our four year old really loves them. They are really straight forward to use. It has encouraged him to both learn letters and write them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 24 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards (Cards)
I asked my daughter's nursery teacher for the name of these cards, after I was given a few copies to teach her how to write her name. She was writing in a few hours, and I was amazed. We have since been using them to practice writing, and they are invaluable. My only criticism is the packaging. They arrived in a plastic zip bag, I would've expected a box for the price that is charged. Still well worth the money though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cards, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards (Cards)
Bought these for my grandson and he loves them. These are the same they use at school therefore easy for him to use and to learn with. Has now learnt on all his letters because of these cards. Great value for money would definitely recommend.
Took a while to arrive but well worth the wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get them kids reading!, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards (Cards)
Bought these cards as this is the same phonics system used at my sons school. Must say it been great for reinforcing what they learn and my 4 year old often sits looking through the cards and sounding out the letters. The ditties at the back eg Maisie mountain mountain, would probably have not made much sense to me if I hadn't known how it's used at school - which is basically how to actually write the letters. I thought this was a bit bizarre having to remember these as well but the truth is it works! If my son gets stuck writing a letter I say these and he remembers. I think these cards are excellent to use at home if that's what's being used at school.
My main criticism is the packaging which is just a plastic bag to put the cards in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy!, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards (Cards)
This system is used in the grandchildren's school so I bought this set to use at home, not only for the child at school but also for my 3 year old grandson. He loves to say the sounds and then finger write over the letter. The reverse of each card has a picture and a saying to encourage and let the children know how to write the letter. Great fun for the children and they learn whilst playing. Even if they only know the first five letters recommended as a starting point there are several words one can make out of them and the child can sound out the sounds and blend them together to form three letter words. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, educational and fab!, 22 Jun. 2013
H. J. Bridger "hehapheobe" (Andover, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards (Cards)
Purchased these for my son whom has speech and language difficulties to aid his education at home, alongside school whom also use this range. Really captures his imagination and makes for fun learning.

I strongly suggest at first sticking to the recommended groupings, plastic bands at the ready.

Might be worth purchasing a plastic wallet to store them in as the one they come in don't last very long.

Over all fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for helping children to start learning to read, 7 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards (Cards)
My son started Reception year at his school last month, and they are using this methodology. After just a few weeks, he is able to spell and read three-letter words confidently. We practice with him using these cards at home, and they provide excellent continuity between the classroom and home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards (Cards)
Bought to teach my 5 year old. Think these are fabulous and as a reception teacher I think I know enough phonics items to recommend. Love that each letter is taught with correct handwriting formation, my son writes lovely neat letters and these certainly helped him learning his phonics.

2.0 out of 5 stars Teaching Aid, 1 Oct. 2013

Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards
Read Write Inc.: Set 1: Speed Sound Cards by Gill Munton (Cards - 2 Feb. 2006)