Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 October 2014
This version has translations of unfamiliar words in a column on the side as well as summaries of the scene at the beginning in order to help you understand the context and thus the speech more easily. Also it is like a study guide in itself, as it has commentaries on all the scenes as well as substantial quotes from critics as well as background info.

However for deeper understanding and critical analysis I recommend using York Notes. I'm currentlly using both for my A2 Literature exam, and York Notes helped me to obtain A* in GCSE and A in AS level. I'd also recommend using Sparknotes, they have detailed critical notes also-which are free-as well as a "no fear Shakespeare" section were a column of the play is adjacent to a column which is the play's translation in simple English. These are all incredibly useful.
on 25 June 2016
Used this version of the play for English a-level. Comes with annotations on the side about the text and context. Plenty of space to make your own notes also.
on 15 February 2014
This is a very helpful edition with plenty of helpful commentary and ideas to assist students' engagement with the text.
on 24 December 2014
Very useful for my studies. No faults.