Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 August 2013
This has been an excellent, accessible version of the play for both myself and to use with pupils. The glossary is non-intrusive as it's located on the left hand side, in line with the word being translated, so their is minimal "Miss what does ____ mean?" Lovely abridged scene summaries are also included at the start of each new scene, which is very useful for those pupils who get a little overwhelmed by Shakespeare's language or those who are prone to giving up before even starting. A worthwhile investment, I cannot rate Oxford School editions highly enough.
on 9 March 2014
I bought this edition of the Tempest for my English GCSEs, and so far I have found it very helpful to my studies. The edition contains the complete text of the play and thorough notes on the language alongside the text- an absolute must if you want to have a good understanding of the play as a young student. You can refer to the list of main characters to erase any confusion,and there are thorough introductions to each scene at the beginning, perfect for gaining an overview of every part of the play. If you're studying The Tempest, this edition is great for you as the notes and summary will be of enormous help to gaining a deep and comprehensive understanding of the play.
on 15 January 2016
I do not think that you can beat these editions of the plays because the text is clearly set out, in quite large print, and brief notes and explanations typed on the same page as the text, so that it saves the hassle of turning to the back pages when required. The introductions about setting, plot, and character are so useful for exam work. I now have about six of these plays in the same series, and I cannot fault them. The newer editions also give ideas for pupils' assignments for better understanding.
on 10 February 2015
unabridged version of the play with handy footnotes next to the lines. I used it for my A2 english course and it was sufficient; some of the context in the back is a bit simple but that is hardly relevant anyway. Would reccomend
on 29 October 2014
Great version with explanatory notes. It also has some fascinating essays at the back.
on 29 September 2014
Great Condition and what I expected. Thank you.
on 10 April 2015
great product; exactly what i wanted;
on 14 March 2015