Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 January 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I read it for fun and got as lot from it. It explains what scientists saw on these moons of the outer planets and how they have endeavoured to interpret them. Some are simple, but important - impact craters. Some are a little more subtle - plate tectonics where the solid plates are methane and nitrogen ice.

As someone who works in research on a completely different subject, it got me thinking about how I observe data and interpret it. The satellites of the outer planets is based on small machines flying past large objects and immense speeds often only gaining fleeting glimpses from which whole concepts are built. Also, the classic problem of just a few more observations and we will know ...
on 6 August 2014
Excellent book, highly recommended.