5.0 out of 5 stars 'A' - level American History Lifesaver!, 8 Mar 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Grand Expectations: The United States, 1945-1974 (Oxford History of the United States) (Paperback)
Our US history A level class at school has found it increasingly difficult to find textbooks that don't just ramble on and on and give a load of jumbled information in what, to us, seems like old fashioned writing by old fashioned historians. I bought Grand Expectations after seeing that the teacher seemed to use it again and again in the lesson and it was definitely a good move. Finally, I had found a book that was easy to understand and gave me all the facts that I needed without overcrowding my brain with useless information. So far, it has been a lifesaver and several others in the class have also purchased copies too. I highly recommend this for all struggling American history A Level students and even for all those who aren't struggling because it's well worth having.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 1 May 2013
Useful for my studies. Unfortunately looks like it was water damaged. As it was summer in Australia when I got it, I don't think it occurred at this end. Still readable, just 'ruffled'.

ARRAY(0xa742e864)