Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 February 2015
This is a splendid book, both readable and enlightening. We are reminded of the history of our common models for light - waves, particles, from Descartes and Kepler, to Goethe and Clerk Maxwell. But that is not all, for we then learn of quantum electrodynamics, and the near-impossibility of locating the photon. On the way we become aware of the philosophical meanings of light: the myth that the world was created by light, the role of colour in art, and colour therapy.
on 16 November 2014
This book is amazing, it explains light, what it is and how we see it and much more, e.g. we can't see it unless it hits something, if there is no object it is invisible to us + if your mind has never been cupeled with your eyes at a very early age it will be difficult for you see it anyway [the 1910 operation on the young boys eyes]. again a very good book easy to understand you don't need university training.
on 31 August 2013
Well I only gave it two stars because it was not what I exxpected, got a bit bored--sorry .I suppose it was not the book but me.