4.0 out of 5 stars A good English Class Textbook
Published on 31 Oct 2010 by Mr. S. E. Mason

3.0 out of 5 stars Attention!
Published on 11 Jan 2010 by Suky Sordi

3.0 out of 5 stars Attention!, 11 Jan 2010
Suky Sordi (Italy) - See all my reviews
As an English teacher to non-English speakers, I am familiar with this range of courses and find them very interesting and easy to follow. So, I ordered this book for one of my students, rather than use copies. Looking back on my order, I see that it is for only a section of the course. There should be 7 units in this course and this book only has 4 units. This was not made clear when I bought it so watch out!
The workbook is at the back of the student book so this should make life a little easier only having one book but this does make the grammar and other sections much more difficult to find.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good English Class Textbook, 31 Oct 2010
Mr. S. E. Mason (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
In choosing which pre-intermediate level textbook for students to use in my English language classes, I chose the New English File Pre-Intermediate Student's Book and have found it to be very appropriate. Students who have their own copy in a class can participate in the lessons, which are each well-structured with a main topic on which the exercises are based. The lessons differ in emphasis on functions in exercises (e.g. pronunciation, reading and speaking), although all lessons have grammar exercises. As some classroom exercises involve listening to entertaining passages / dialogues and answering questions about details mentioned, it is ideal to purchase the classroom CD as well, although the texts are provided at the back of the book and could be read orally. Other factors (time available for course, price of books, photocopiable exercises from teacher's book, exercises for each lesson on OUP website, etc.) led to my choosing the student's book instead of the multipack book. Phonetics are used to teach pronunciation. Regular tests for specific stages of the syllabus can be found on the CD in the Teacher's Book, which is useful but has to be purchased separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent series and, of course, workbook., 19 Jun 2009
Steven H. Starry (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
This series with all of it's resource materials is the best out there as far as I (with my 17 years of English teaching experience) can see. It is well-designed and you can just feel that it's been thoroughly tested in action. The speed of the course is just fine as long as the students had the appropriate level to begin with (not too low). The workbook is excellent homework material for students. If the students have the appropriate level, if they study and actually attend your classes and if they are punctual, they can keep up with the classes just fine. As always the onus is on the students to actually do their homework.
The down side to this workbook plus "multirom" is that when you receive it, you may not actually know how to make it work. It's supposed to work in your cd player as a cd and in your computer as a pc-program, but mine didn't in both Windows Vista and XP and I'm an advanced user. If you have a problem and you need assistance from their technical support department, good luck. I've called every support number available and every single one of them passed the buck through to some answering machine. Their post-purchase service is hell.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book in an excellent series, 19 May 2013
Aleks (London, England) - See all my reviews
I have repeatedly used this book to teach English classes and will continue to do so. The way the grammar is presented is a particularly strong point in this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars MultiRom on Macs, 19 Jan 2012
As with other OUP EFL books, Solutions is an excellent book. However, their MultiRom only works with Mac OS up to 10.6. There is no support for 10.7 (Lion) and OUP tell me that they have no plans to change this. So in effect OUP have abandoned Mac users unless you want to stick to using an old version of the Mac OS. Sad that an excellent company such as OUP should be so shortsighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars New English File is brilliant!, 10 Jun 2013
It's simply perfect. I love the New English File books. The 4 skills can be practiced without hours of class preparation. You can adapt the activities, but it's not necessary. Furthermore, the topics are interesting, so neither you nor your students get bored.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, 3 May 2013
I teach English here in Spain using New English File series and to be able to help my students understand and speak more in English these are just perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars new book, 28 Nov 2012
yeah the book i get was new and really cheaper then any place and i would like to thank the buyer a bout what he did with me the post office lost my book and he buy new one and he send me that sorry about my very poor english but iwas trying

4.0 out of 5 stars New English, 11 Feb 2012
Mr. A. Handa - See all my reviews
My wife got it for her English course. She was happy to use as it contains many conversation exercises . However it lacks of detailed grammar, and grammar part is rather shallow, so you need an additional book like Murphy's English grammar in use if you want better understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars New book, great, 27 Feb 2014
I have not used the book yet but I can say that the book is brand new and perfect, considering the price of it I thought it would be second hand but I was wrong. I did not get the first book I ordered but when I contacted the customer service team they offered to send me a replacement at no extra cost, got it very quickly. Very impressed. Thanks.

ARRAY(0xa77fa7ec)

New English File: Upper-Intermediate: Class Audio CDs (3): Class Audio CDs Upper-intermediate l
61.28