5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money
Published on 4 Jun 2011 by Shabz

3.0 out of 5 stars Please stop comparing this to
The Good Grammar book. It is NOT the same book.

Also, be aware that the enclosed CD-Rom is NOT COMPATIBLE with current model Macintosh computers running OS 10.7 (Lion). The CD- Rom is built for computers 5 years old or more.
Published on 11 April 2012 by Paulrm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money, 4 Jun 2011
This review is from: Oxford English Grammar Course: Basic: with Answers CD-ROM Pack (Paperback)
I bought this book for my husband to help improve his English. He is an ESOL student. I chose this book for him because it contains clear grammar explanations with lots of practice exercises. In addition to this it contains a particularly useful CD-ROM with further exercises to help develop his listening skills. I felt that I was getting excellent value for money. This book was fairly new to the market and initially I wasn't sure whether to purchase this one or the much loved 'Murphy' books. In the end I chose this one. In my opinion the Murphy books are good but they don't contain as much practice exercises - you have to purchase supplementary exercise books separately if you require further practice. I believe that the 'Oxford English Grammar Course' books will become real 'competition' for Murphy!

I purchased both the Basic and Intermediate level books in this range. I was unable to obtain the Advanced level from Amazon at the time of my purchase - perhaps it will become available shortly.

In my opinion this book is not for a complete beginner as is the case with some of the other elementary books on the market. My husband is not fluent in English but has enough English to 'get by' on a day to day basis. This book has fitted in perfectly with his abilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a new copy!, 19 Feb 2013
My last student loved this so much she asked to keep it. She found it clear and comprehensible and was able to work independently from it. From my perspective it is very well laid out and a good tool for helping identify topics of grammar for improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 19 Feb 2013
It is a professional book which helps me to learn a proper English, so it is very useful for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice book ., 3 Jun 2013
Nice book to follow. Like the fact it comes with a dvd, this always a great help to those who,after reading relevant passages, need
further explanation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Please stop comparing this to, 11 April 2012
Paulrm (Prague, Czech Republic) - See all my reviews
The Good Grammar book. It is NOT the same book.

Oxford English Grammar Course: Basic: with Answers CD-ROM Pack