on 4 November 2009
I didn't even know this kind of dictiorary existed but now that I have bougth it my life has changed for the better! It is so incredibily useful I cannot immagine to do without it, now. Saves a lot of time as it gives immediately information about how to use a certain word or verb.For people whose first language is not English this dictioary is a MUST!
on 28 March 2011
This dictionary is particularly helpful for me as a teacher of English. Especially when I'm checking my pupils' writings. Every time I come across an awkward phrase I try to guess where it comes from. Is it a word for word translation from his/her own language or has he or she met it somewhere in the Internet? With this dictionary it is much easier as I can always suggest other ways of using the word and what's also important to be sure that I don't make a mistake myself.
on 5 September 2013
This is not only a dictionary for students but it can help writers find perfect expressions that will help illuminate their writing. One great advantage is that the cd provided does not have to be placed into the drive whenever the dictionary is in use. Simply install and its always ready for use, which is great. It will be a wonderful addition to anyone's home library. In my opinion the publisher should take the word 'students' out of the title.
on 26 January 2012
This dictionary should be in every household, but I especially recommend it to any student of English as a foreign language from levels B2 to C2. It is a very helpful tool when writing essays or compositions. You don't know which verb or preposition goes with a certain name? I'm pretty sure you will find it in the Oxford Collocations Dictionary.
on 6 March 2012
Absolutely amazing! The CD that comes along with the dictionary is extremely useful since you can install it on your computer and easily browse through the whole dictionary and even do some Collocations exercises also available in the mid-section of the dictionary with some 10-20 dedicated pages.
on 19 November 2012
CD-Rom is not Mac compatible. Did not expect that from Oxford one of the leading publishers and especially not nowadays. It was not mentioned on the website. Very diasppointing. Otherwise, everything has been said. Good book.
on 24 January 2012
Because I am self-taught I always look all sort of information up when it comes to be handy for helping me improve my English and as such I definitely think this is a 'must' for any and everyone who is learning English as a second language.

I just wish there were more examples (full sentences). There should be at least one for every entry and its possible combinations (and of course if it would make it more expensive in terms of pages, they could at least have done it in the software. It would have helped a lot.

Anyway it's certainly a book worth buying.
on 6 June 2013
I would strongly recommend. Whether you are native or not this book will help you to improve your English significantly!
on 10 November 2010
This is such a nice and helpful book that you can take it with you on a holiday instead of a novel! Great stuff!

I had been feeling I needed something that would give me a quick reference as to what words collocate and which do not. Looking it up in a normal dictionary takes much longer and sometimes it does not give you the information you are looking for at all. This book does the job very well!
on 9 September 2011
At glance it looks like a fantastic 'collocation-alleviating' book/cd yet in reality I have not used it as much as I would have expected due to the fact that all the words that I look up are not included in the sense I want to give them in my writing. I suppose when one writes it is very difficult to find exactly what we are looking for in specific contexts, nonetheless I have made very little use of it which for me is an indication of its lack of appropriateness. However, if I eventually find it more useful, I will rewiew this comment and rating in the future.