5.0 out of 5 stars A choral classic
Published on 7 Oct. 2009 by Peter Biddlecombe

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Reasonably priced and of reasonable condition.
Published 10 months ago by Margaret Bignell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A choral classic, 7 Oct. 2009
Peter Biddlecombe "peterbiddlecombe" (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Carols for Choirs 2: Fifty Carols for Christmas and Advent (Vocal score): Vocal Score Bk.2 (Paperback)
Very surprised to see that there's no review for this (presumably because most potential punters and reviewers already have a dog-eared copy). Carols for Choirs 1 & 2 are pretty much guaranteed to be on any British chorister's bookshelf, and many Christmas concerts or Nine Lessons and Carols services will have about three-quarters of their content taken from these. Some of the arrangements of well-known carols are quite complicated, so may need more rehearsal than you might think. Volume 2 is where John Rutter took over from Reginald Jacques, so does have quite a lot of his work - though not "What Sweeter Music", alas. The rowdy / non-religious side of Christmas is represented, with versions of Deck the Hall and the Twelve Days of Christmas for example (both book 2).

5.0 out of 5 stars Carols, 3 Dec. 2011
I sing in a choir and like every year we organise a Christmas concert. This book helped me with the carols, they are very clear and it has the traditionals ones everybody sings. Very useful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Carols for Choirs 2 Music Score, 28 Nov. 2012
The second in the series of books of carol music scores. Probably essential for choirs choosing a range of carols to sing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so glad that this copy is much larger than my old ..., 18 Dec. 2014
I had a previous copy of 'Fifty Carols for Christmas and Advent' and it lasted for over 30 years. I am so glad that this copy is much larger than my old one as with ever increasing age it is much clearer to read the music.

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable purchase which I am enjoying using for my ..., 18 Oct. 2014
An invaluable purchase which I am enjoying using for my upcoming Christmas Concert with my local choral society. We use this book every year and this will save me having to borrow it from local libraries.

5.0 out of 5 stars carols for Choirs 2, 1 Feb. 2013
This book is larger than expected which is good. It makes the music easier to read. There are a wide variety of carols in the book, some well known and some not so well known.

4.0 out of 5 stars carols, 17 Jan. 2014
nice to have this book of extra carols with different descants and arrangements, will be useful for different occasions in the future especially Christmas and Easter

5.0 out of 5 stars Carols for Choirs bk 2, 25 Oct. 2011
The book is exactly what I wanted and needed for the choir I belong to. It was delivered very quickly but, alas, it has not improved my singing - I live in hope!

5.0 out of 5 stars For choir, 26 Oct. 2013
I ordered this book for choir and needed it urgently. It arrived in record time and was well packet. I will recommend this service to my colleagues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book - Used by my choir - I mislaid ..., 5 Jan. 2015
Lovely book - Used by my choir - I mislaid my other one - it arrived early - thank goodness, well packed - Thank you you saved my life - again

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›