4.0 out of 5 stars Fun book for grade 3+, 29 Aug 2011
This review is from: Fiddle Time Sprinters + CD: A third book of pieces for violin (Paperback)
I bought this book for my son on the recommendation of his teacher. He is around grade 3 standard but wanted a book to build his repertoire and skills in addition to exam pieces (which gets rather boring after a while) and develop his playing towards grade 4. There is a really good selection of pieces by a variety of famous composers as well as the Blackwells themselves. My son seems to be enjoying playing the pieces which are stretching him. A good progression from the Blackwells' previous 2 books (joggers and runners).

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you very much for such an wonderful range of pieces!, 3 July 2012
K. Roberts "La Preguiceira" (Galicia, Spain,) - See all my reviews
I bought this for myself. There's a bit of a shortage of fun pieces for people who are returning to playing long-abandoned instruments.
I love it. The tunes are fun and I find myself humming them whilst walking around the house.
There's a great range - from easily played, yet lyrical tunes, to real challenges. I'm not exactly a beginner, or new to music, having been a professional for some years, but I hadn't played a violin for 30 years.
I live in Spain and bought it through the Amazon.es store. It arrived in three days.
The accompaniments are really good and add atmosphere to each piece.
Thanks for these books - I wish they'd been around when I was learning some 40 years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the book I was looking for, 26 Dec 2013
B. Houghton "Berylho" (Macclesfield) - See all my reviews
I needed this book and was delighted to find it. The condition was a1. I think you are cheeky asking for long reports!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 May 2013
Great book for young learners by daughter bought this book and uses it all the time to practice. The CD is great to practice with too over all great for the money would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiddle Time Sprinters + CD: A third book of pieces for violin, 18 Mar 2013
My daughter needed this book for her violin lessons. Her teacher told her to get it. Fast service & arrived in one piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Aug 2012
Such good books. I am an adult who has come back to learning the violin. As I am teaching myself, I wanted a book with a CD and these books are perfect. A great selection of songs and various instruments accompany you on the CD. Perfect books for children and adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars fiddle time sprinters book, 1 Mar 2014
it is very good, my daughter enjoys playing pieces and the CD helps her as well it also helps her develop he violin skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars All these books so far have been brilliant!, 2 Sep 2013
I bought Fiddle Time Joggers, Runners & Sprinters, so good!! So much easier to play when you have a CD too!

4.0 out of 5 stars What can I say??? Its good., 6 Aug 2013
This is the book during which our household went from cringeing to listening intently. Anything that helps children learn more finesse on the "vile din" is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pieces!, 16 Jun 2013
My daughter thoroughly enjoys playing tunes out of here and with the cd she play it with a backing as well.

Fiddle Time Sprinters + CD: A third book of pieces for violin
Fiddle Time Sprinters + CD: A third book of pieces for violin by David Blackwell (Paperback - 17 July 2003)
Used & New from: £5.71