5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too
Elizabeth, the new girl in school, doesn't have any friends. When her social studies teacher, Mr. Mauskopf, recommends her for a job at a special library, things start looking up.

During the job interview, she's given a box of buttons and asked to sort them. Elizabeth doesn't know quite what to make it of, but apparently she passes with flying colors. Then she...
Published on 8 July 2010 by TeensReadToo

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting fairy-tale theme book, probably aimed at younger teens
(Source: I borrowed a copy of this book.)
Elizabeth is living a fairy tale; one in which she lives with her (slightly) evil step-mother, has some annoying high-maintenance step-sisters, and her father pays her little attention.

One day her teacher sends her to the New York Circulating Material Repository for an after-school job. Elizabeth thinks that this...
Published 20 months ago by Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars The Grimm legacy, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Kindle Edition)
Amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed this book, a perfect mix of action and suspense with a twist of magic. I couldn't put it down and never wanted it to end. Definitely worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyable read, nice and easy to read and enough to keep you interested up to the last page, thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily Enjoyable, 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I feel it is aimed for the teen market, but it kept me interested from beginning to end, though I would classify it as a light read.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for teens., 24 Dec 2012
M. Royle - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Kindle Edition)
A nice easy read for teens/pre teens. a nice idea in the vein of current trends for reinventing fairy tale genres.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Kindle Edition)
This is a good story wth characters that you can emphasise with.
I would love to read more and will recommend this to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun take on fairy tales., 10 July 2014
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Kindle Edition)
Perfectly enjoyable and a different take on the stuff of fairy tales. Yes it is aimed at teens, but I enjoyed it all the same as a quick read on my kindle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book - although really a story for teens. Have to say I was disappointed in the ending - no sting in the tail as the villain was obvious - but the gist of the story was entertaining. Not strong enough to make me want to read more by the same author, but good fun nevertheless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Paperback)
I've never heard of Polly Shulman before or of this book, but I was tidying the library shelves a while back and saw this. The cover was the first thing to grab me, it was unusual, busy and really eye catching. I also tend to enjoy things based on old fairytales so I was immediately pulled in by the 'Grimm' reference. I decided to give it a go, it looked like quite a short book and rather interesting so I took it out.

I have to admit it has then sat in my locker for the past month, but I wanted something fairly light to start of my weekend so I grabbed this and got stuck in. And I have to say I was pleased I had picked it up. The writing is quite easy and teh storyline starts off fairly simple and I have to admit quite slowly but it's intriguing enough to make you want to read more. The more you then get to know Elizabeth and discover the workings of the magical 'library' with her the more into the story you get. After writing a paper for her teacher on the history of the Brothers Grimm, he recommends her for a job at 'The New York Circulating Material Repository' what she finds there is beyond belief, floors and floors of magical items that can be borrowed and checked out by people just like a library. They have everything from shoes to fabrics and clothes, umbrellas, chess boards - the lot, and then down in the Basement something even more amazing and very highly treasured - the Grimm collection, items of note from the famous fairytales.

This sounds like such a cool place to work and I love that we as readers get to discover it along with Elizabeth, it felt like I was stepping into the library myself and seeing the wonders. Now that really would be an awesome job!!! (I think I would miss the books though)

The book really picks up when you start to learn of the strange goings on, people disappearing, strange creatures lurking outside and one by one magical objects vanishing. Elizabeth and her new friends must try to work out who is taking the precious items and why before all the magic is lost.

At 330 pages this book isn't too long and is a nice quick read, it hooks you in and enchants you within the story. I would say it was aimed at slightly younger teens as the language and storyline are fairly simple, but still awesome enough to keep you hooked.

I would recommend this book to fans of fairytale stories, it's great fun. I really enjoyed it. Have now ordered book 2 in the series, I want to know more about this world. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD READ, 14 Feb 2014
A VERY GOOD ENTERTAINING READ FOR A FANTASY NUT LIKE ME
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
A.BLEND OF FAIRY TALE AND FICTION. ALMOST BRLIEVABLE.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely read, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Kindle Edition)
what a nice fairy tale got quite lost in this fairy tale with a twist kept you guessing from start to finish

The Grimm Legacy
The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman (Paperback - 6 Sep 2012)
5.24