4.0 out of 5 stars A better reading scheme than others, 11 Dec. 2012
Hannah Chapman "aitch" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 4: My Cat and Other Stories (Paperback)
On the whole I think the Songbirds series is better than the traditonal ORT series and way, way better than the awful Rigby Stars my daughter brings home from school. I was rather shocked, though, that in this particular book, I saw the word 'fishes'. I do think that a reading scheme should be using correct plurals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant books. Would highly recommend starting to teach your child how to read with these books, 11 April 2013
The Songbird books are excellent for helping your child to start reading.
My daughter has read all the stages. She particularly likes the length of the stories and the pictures. As a result, she loves reading!
They are much more exciting to read than the books she gets given from her school and I think this is due to the story aspect,which are fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 29 April 2013
Dariusz Szmyt - See all my reviews
What can i say? Good, fantastic, marvelous, splendid, wonderful, fabulous, amazing, magnificent (i might be over exaggerating a bit lol) : ) I love this product and i recomend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning books, 15 Oct. 2013
These are really great books for getting the kids to enjoy reading, and they match exactly the school curriculum, which means you can give your child extra help with their reading without compromising what they are already learning. Also has tips for parents in how to read them and the areas of learning they cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books to compliment school reading, 16 Nov. 2014
D. Kelly (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the whole series from level 1 to level 6. Good fun books to help our 4 year old read (level 1). They follow the national curriculum so you can give your child extra help with their reading without compromising what they are already learning. Great stories as you'd expect from Julia Donaldson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Songbirds really are the best phonic reading books, 26 Feb. 2014
These are the best reading books to support phonic reading. I buy these for my son to read to me at home to support what he is learning at school. He loves the short stories and in each book we have had he has had favourites.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading Practice, 9 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my grandson for xmas. He read the first story to me the other day and thought it was funny. More stories to read another day.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 3 April 2014
My four year old loves reading these books - because he can!! he can decode a unknown words and finds the stories good too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 7 Sept. 2013
Nice book. A really good price for 6 books (in one). My daughter likes it and it helps with the reading so I would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading books, 24 Aug. 2013
We love these books, they are fun to read and have lovely pictures. I would not hesitate in buying more in the future,

Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 4: My Cat and Other Stories
Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 4: My Cat and Other Stories by Julia Donaldson (Paperback - 1 Mar. 2012)