‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A better reading scheme than others, 11 Dec. 2012
Hannah Chapman "aitch" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 4: My Cat and Other Stories (Paperback)
On the whole I think the Songbirds series is better than the traditonal ORT series and way, way better than the awful Rigby Stars my daughter brings home from school. I was rather shocked, though, that in this particular book, I saw the word 'fishes'. I do think that a reading scheme should be using correct plurals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice parent and child reading., 2 Jan. 2014
S. Gee "stewgee" (London) - See all my reviews
This is the 3rd of Julia Donaldson's books I have bought for my son. I find them a great addition to the little books he brings home from school - possibly a little more stretching and often more fun.

To be perfectly honest my boy isn't always that pleased to be asked to read these (or any other) books, but once he gets started we both enjoy the stories which are always engaging and work on specific areas for phonics development.

The books are well put together and should last a good long time, likely with many readers after we have finished with them. The illustrations (while not quite up to the excellent standard set by Axel Scheffler of Gruffalo fame) are a nice counterpoint to the stories.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stories, 17 Mar. 2013
el (Co. Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book for my daughter aged 5 ... She loves it as does my son aged 3. The stories are funny and interesting and when the children are able .. They will be able to read them themselves. I would recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Julia Donaldson gets it right again!, 17 Jan. 2013
Lovely book and my grandson really liked the rhymes and rhythms and the quirky pictures. Great as a story book as well as educational when learning to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant books. Would highly recommend starting to teach your child how to read with these books, 11 April 2013
The Songbird books are excellent for helping your child to start reading.
My daughter has read all the stages. She particularly likes the length of the stories and the pictures. As a result, she loves reading!
They are much more exciting to read than the books she gets given from her school and I think this is due to the story aspect,which are fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 29 April 2013
Dariusz Szmyt - See all my reviews
What can i say? Good, fantastic, marvelous, splendid, wonderful, fabulous, amazing, magnificent (i might be over exaggerating a bit lol) : ) I love this product and i recomend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and fun, while great for learning., 18 Feb. 2015
My son (aged 5) is in Reception and has really taken to reading. We've now gone all the way up from Stage 1 (when he was 3/4) and he really enjoys the stories. He asks to read a story each night and is enjoying the stories. We got to Tadpoles (the last one in this book) this evening and it was entertaining and informative. As his reading has improved his interest in the books as also improved. Looking forward to getting the next level after he has read "My Cat and Other Stories"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning books, 15 Oct. 2013
These are really great books for getting the kids to enjoy reading, and they match exactly the school curriculum, which means you can give your child extra help with their reading without compromising what they are already learning. Also has tips for parents in how to read them and the areas of learning they cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning books, 15 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books to compliment school reading, 16 Nov. 2014
D. Kelly (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the whole series from level 1 to level 6. Good fun books to help our 4 year old read (level 1). They follow the national curriculum so you can give your child extra help with their reading without compromising what they are already learning. Great stories as you'd expect from Julia Donaldson.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 4: My Cat and Other Stories
Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 4: My Cat and Other Stories by Julia Donaldson (Paperback - 1 Mar. 2012)