Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 April 2015
Great book for an beginner reader. My Son is in Junior Infants (age 4-5) and this is a little ahead of what they are doing in school, but he manages really well and can read some of the easier ones no problem. Great for his confidence, he loves that he can read his own story. These stories are more fun and less like homework.
on 9 March 2013
I like Oxford Reading Tree series, but this has a great set of stories written by the brilliant Julia Donaldson with the relevant phonics for the stage of reading in one place. My daughter has loved learning from these stories whilst my others have enjoyed listening to them. I will definately be buying the next stages.
on 16 November 2014
I bought the whole series from level 1 to level 6. Good fun books to help our 4 year old read (level 1). They follow the national curriculum so you can give your child extra help with their reading without compromising what they are already learning. Great stories as you'd expect from Julia Donaldson.
on 14 September 2014
I bought this book to teach my son how to read. There are many fantastic short stories that even have recommendations before each one of how to teach you child the more difficult words. Fantastic and I'm sure my son will be reading with confidence in no time
on 15 June 2014
My little girl loves Julia Donaldsons books, so when she started school and started learning to read, I found her short phonics stories and I'm so glad i bought them for her. She loves to read them to me and they are really enjoyable. Would highly recommend.
on 10 July 2014
Good stories for Reception age children to read by themselves. It is a challenge to make stories interesting when only very short simple words can be used, but Julia Donaldson's are the best I have seen for my 5 year old to read by himself.
on 9 March 2013
Bought to replace a well loved tatty second hand copy of The Odd Pet for my 4 year old beginner reader.Love the Oxford reading tree books.Arrived quickly in good packaging.6 books in 1....good value and variety.
on 15 February 2015
Good book, my daughter loves to read all the different stories and her reading has really improved since I purchased this book.

Good buy, delivery was a bit slow, but overall happy with my purchase.
on 1 April 2014
We love this whole set of stories. It is fun to read, the pictures are fatastic too. We also have Biff Chip and Kipper set. This set is nice complement to them and it feels like more fun to read this set.
on 22 September 2013
It's hard to know what to buy for children to supplement school books - but these are tailored for reception kids at the end of school year - great for keeping them going over the school holidays