Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 May 2009
I enjoyed reading some of these stories, they give a feeling of old England. Most though are stories for adults to enjoy rather than for children. They are mostly atmospheric descriptive stories, nothing very magical. A couple have a scary eerie feel...better for halloween than Christmas!!
on 26 December 2012
I really enjoyed the christmas stories in the book although some are ghost stories. However I am reading this as an adult for my own enjoyment and think some of the stories would be inappropriate for younger readers. I bought my copy second hand, excellent condition, almost as new.
on 18 October 2013
Christmas themed stories , interesting book worth a look .Different varied authors , if you think it maybe a good book to read to Children read story yourself first ,one or two maybe a bit scary.
on 10 January 2014
A beautiful read. Perfet short stories for to get you in the mood for xmas. Some stories are well known and others are from lesser known authors but all are very good.
on 21 February 2013
lovely stories, made me feel very nostalgic ! some old some modern, a very good mix. will re-read over and over !
on 8 January 2010
The book's cover is lovely and the layout of the soft back book is nice. I think that some of the stories are a little dark for a Christmas book, but overall a nice book
on 20 November 2010
Bought this book for my little boy thought it would be nice to read before christmas. We have found some of the the stories not very festive at all. A little too complicated for younger children and some stories there are just snippets and not the full story . I think this is more suited for children aged 8yrs and above. The price i payed was great value but would not pay the publisher price.
on 9 February 2014
Some of the stories in this book were great but most were average. I took the book on holiday and it was a very heavy paperback (and larger than average size). It was okay but not great.
on 30 December 2015
Second time I have bought this book, and the stories are as fresh and poignant as I remember, my personal favourite is Christmas Morning by Frank O'Connor.
on 13 January 2012
This is a beautiful book with great stories and illustrations. I bought it for my 8yr old daughter and she has loved reading it and having it read to her.