5.0 out of 5 stars A fun book which also provides real understanding
Published on 16 Nov. 2002 by charlottie

3.0 out of 5 stars Buckets and spades
Published on 21 July 2011 by Owl

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun book which also provides real understanding, 16 Nov. 2002
This review is from: SEASIDE POEMS (Paperback)
I would recommend this book for teachers, student teachers and parents as it provides fun child friendly poems which are also informative. As a student teacher i have used this book with Key Stage 1 in a geography lesson about the seaside, i used a poem called 'The Harbour Wall' as it provides an excellent explanation of what the purpose of a harbour is in child friendly language. Furthermore the illustrations are bright and colourful which made the book more appealing to the children. Even if this book is not used within the classroom it would be a lovely one to have at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poems that make you feel you're at the beach!, 22 Nov. 2002
This review is from: SEASIDE POEMS (Paperback)
I love this book because of its fabulous yet simplistic illustrations. But what I love more is the fantastic poems that describe different aspects of the seaside from mermaids to sand!
Reading this book just makes me want to go to the beach and experience sand in between my toes! This book is fun and beautifully presented and the poems simple but effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seaside poems, 5 July 2009
H. Ford (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seaside Poems: (2006) (Paperback)
Great for the Poetry on a Theme unit for KS1! Children loved it and it gave me loads of inspirtation. Well worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buckets and spades, 21 July 2011
Owl "Ollie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Seaside Poems: (2006) (Paperback)
I like the graphics in this book and think they will go down well with the age group of children I work with. I think the poems are to difficult and a bit boring. I think looking at the front cover you would expect this to be for younger children but in fact I think these poems would be better for 7-9 year olds. For that age group I would recommend this but for the age group I work with no. Will need to look for another book to cover the age group I work with. I also think the poems could do with being a bit funnier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2014
Speedy delivery A*

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 April 2015
Very pleased

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Seaside Poems: (2006) (Paperback)
Poor not attractive or interesting for children and not interesting for adults either. Nothing memorable about any of the poems indeed very forgettable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Sept. 2014
Super

Seaside Poems: (2006)
Seaside Poems: (2006) by Jill Bennett (Paperback - 6 April 2006)