5.0 out of 5 stars The Shapeshifter bk. 1; Finding the Fox
Published on 10 April 2006

2.0 out of 5 stars Unoriginal and unimaginative!
Having really enjoyed Frozen in Time, I was expecting a good read from this book, but what a disappointment! No imagination! Very little plot or tension.

The whole setup seemed such a thinly viewed crib of the Harry Potter series: Boy with living unpleasant relatives suddenly discovers he has Special Powers. OK Dax had a tiny room with a small window rather...
Published on 17 Nov 2011 by Avocet

5.0 out of 5 stars The Shapeshifter bk. 1; Finding the Fox, 10 April 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Finding the Fox: The Shapeshifter 1 (Paperback)
I found this book extremely good, one of the best books that involve telekinetics as well as shapeshifters. The blurb is a little misleading as it made me think it only concerned shapeshifters, not clairvoyants. I found it to be well written and rather accurate when it came to describing the emotions and feelings of a 12 year old boy, and Ali Sparkes combined it perfectly with how you'd probably feel as a fox. The one down side is the constant mention of everything having a pre-ordained reason how the future can't be changed, how pessimistic is that? Anyway I found it a great read and I can't wait for the second one "Running the Risk"!

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read., 29 April 2007
Hel "hel" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finding the Fox: The Shapeshifter 1 (Paperback)
i found this book by accident in a local secondhand book shop where it had been pushed to the back of the shelf, i decided to buy it as i liked the blurb and i'm glad i did. The story is of a young boy called Dax who after cruel treatment from his stepmother finds that he can Shapeshift into a Fox, the story follows his stransformation and what happens after which includes a special boarding school, a nosy reporter and a mystery that could lead Dax to his death. All in all i found this book to be fasinating, especially the concept of shapeshifting and how the author portrays Dax's confusion. I vote this book to be definatly a keeper!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 25 Nov 2013
Miss Frances Ashton (UK) - See all my reviews
One of my random reads and what a great one it turned out to be. Even though I'm probably 30 years older than the book's intended audience I found it a fascinating read with a fast paced story and I am sure to recommend it to anyone of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Really Enjoyed This, 22 Nov 2013
The story of how Dax discovers he can turn into a fox, and his adventures at the special school he was taken to, where other children with amazing abilities resided, was reminiscent of Harry Potter, but if anything that made me enjoy it even more.

I know it's mainly for children, and I am 66, but what the heck, I really enjoyed it. It is well written, and I like the main characters.... and I am just about to buy the second in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this book, 5 Nov 2013
Mrs. E. Orr - See all my reviews
i have read this book about 8 times when i am bored i come over to read it. I love dax and the other pupils and like the moments of his dreams. I am now have just finshed reading the unleashed series and am looking forward to dax's book. I wood recomend this book to any one likes adventure books!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 29 Sep 2013
Amazing, action packed book. Kids and adults, anyone can read it! What a good read. My son loved it! ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for youngstersr, 11 Sep 2013
Hob (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finding the Fox: The Shapeshifter 1 (Paperback)
Ali Sparkes deserves great praise for this book and those that follow it in the series. My 9 year old son read this in two 'sittings'. He found it hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 16 Aug 2013
This book is stunning. I couldn't take my eyes of the page. I recommend this book to people who like mysterious happenings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant, 14 April 2013
This book has some out standing description and really grips you to its story line
I recommend this book to most people but especially children who want a magical experience

5.0 out of 5 stars My review, 6 April 2013
I just could not stop turning the pages of this book now I'm left in suspense till I can read the sequel. I recommend this book it is great left at many cliff hangers so u just can't stop reading

Finding the Fox: The Shapeshifter 1
Finding the Fox: The Shapeshifter 1 by Ali Sparkes (Paperback - 4 May 2006)