I bought this for my daughter who is starting GCSE's. Although things can be looked up easily online, her pc is quite slow and she gets frustrated having to wait for the answer so I got her this.

It's a slim book which I didn't expect. I thought it would be thick like a Dictionary, but actually I prefer it this size and so does she as it's not heavy and it fits easily in her school bag.

I glanced through it and it seems to be a comprehensive guide although I agree with another reviewer in the fact the words are not listed alphabetically like a Dictionary but my daughter didn't complain of that and was really pleased with it and she uses it a lot when doing her homework.
on 21 July 2015
Purchased for my daughter.

**I recommend this book because it will help you with your grammar and punctuation - daughter aged 11**

I was pleasantly surprised with this book, it's set out in a more fun way and contains lots of great information that would be useful for kids to adults that need a refresher!

A good resource for all.
on 21 February 2014
The first dictionary I've come across where the categories/subjects are not in alphabetical order!! A very useful reference book with all of the definitions written clearly in child-speak, but it takes forever to find specifics (e.g. subordinate clause, or adverbial phrase) because they're not alphabetically (or even logically) listed under their names/titles. Instead they are grouped under 'spelling' 'punctuation' and 'grammar'. So by definition it's not a dictionary! Mildly irritating for me but apart from that it's ok.
on 20 April 2016
Excellent for children age 10 and over. It's more like a book than the usual Oxford dictionary. Don't let this put you off though! Each section is colourful. My son who is 10 has had a quick look and says it will help him loads now and hopefully when he starts secondary school. This book is well worth it to ensure your child is at the right key stage.
on 8 October 2014
Arrived promptly. Good service. Good dictionary. Thank you.
on 29 November 2015
Great book. Just what we needed, a simple guide to all things spelling, grammar and punctuation related and presented in an easy to read and understand format.
on 31 October 2015
Very clear and easy to understand i'd recommend this book to any age group that is learning English upto gcse level ...
on 30 September 2014
Very helpful to glance into and double check
on 4 July 2014
Fantastic book-really helpful and they use it at school too
on 7 November 2015
I brought this for my neice and nephew. Both love writing their own little stories. They love reading and were very happy with this when I gave it to them. Very helpful for youngster age 5 upwards.