5.0 out of 5 stars Grammar, punctuation and spelling review
This was recommended by my son's teacher. It has been invaluable in preparing for Sats and I know we'll get a lot of use out of it. The examples they give are current and the children can relate to them. It is amazing how much you forget over the years and this had proved helpful for both young and old!
Published 17 months ago by Jenn

1.0 out of 5 stars Mistake
I have just looked inside at the contents of this book quickly with a view to buying it for my son, and when reading the page of words beginning with 'BL' (pg 97) I noticed that they have written with the blue bird present - 'Watch out, the past tense of blow is blue'! this should in actual fact be 'blew'. A spelling mistake in a dictionary. I think that I will pass on...
Published 11 months ago by Mandy

5.0 out of 5 stars Grammar, punctuation and spelling review, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Oxford Primary Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Dictionary (Oxford Dictionary) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CHOICE, 13 Oct 2013
Bought this for a child in Kenya to help with the English school work She is over the moon with it so that is the best endorsement for me Reasonably proiiced and clear text

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic purchase, 17 May 2013
I purchased this book to support my little girls learning. And what a fantastic decision. As an extra bonus the online games and sheets support and encourage my little girls further. Speedy service and excellent value. Just ordered the science and maths book too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get Better (I guess), 1 May 2014
Bought this for my daughter but while reading it have realised how much I forgot on the basics of English Grammar... very good book...

5.0 out of 5 stars Dictionary, 17 Feb 2014
Arrived on time well packaged really good dictionary for children and my daughter loves it. It as really helped her with her homework.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect grammer, 3 April 2014
Just what I was looking for, the book covers all the areas of grammar needed at junior school.Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Item and it's delivery was satisfactory, 14 April 2014
Item was as described. The item was very useful . I will be happy to recommend this product to other sellers.

5.0 out of 5 stars dictionary, 24 Mar 2014
Fantastic book to use in school with the kids. Easy to understand and follow. Children can use independently and easy vocabulary used.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 21 Jun 2014
This book is perfect if you are teaching or studying English. It clearly explains all the new key vocabulary now used in schools as well as giving examples of adverbials, homophones and homographs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great resource for children, but a limited dictionary, 28 Aug 2013
This book is really good for two reasons, and not so good for one.

Good: It is very accessible, I can imagine children would love looking into this as there are cute pics everywhere and it's all neatly colour coordinated and easy to read, easy to see, and easy to use.

Good: It even taught me something! My English is good and I use grammar a lot in my work, but still when it comes to nouns, adjectives, complex nouns etc. etc. I guess we don't really need to know all of that but still I had a good old read of this and found it all rather interesting, and again, nice to look at.

Bad: It's not a down point because it does say the book has "10,000 words" which is fine, and they've gone for words kids use apparently, but the dictionary only fills half the book, so quite a lot of words are missed out.

If this were for a child (it was for an adult I work with) I would say great, but a super-clever kid (as I would hope mine would be) might outgrow this book quickly, as there are many words left out - I mean this is obvious as it only has around 10,000 words, so I can't complain, and I won't downvote this great product for that reason, I'm just letting you all know in case you were to be buying this for a child who might be a bit above your average wordsmith! But in all, a really great book with a hell of a lot to offer, not just in dictionary use but in learning about the English language.

I would say the beginning part of this book is more its selling point, and could turn your clever kid into an English language buff, and from a grammar nazi - that aint a bad thing!

Oxford Primary Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Dictionary (Oxford Dictionary)
7.68