TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 September 2011
I bought this for my eight year old daughter after she asked for a dictionary to help her understanding of the English languauge. Unlike dictionaries listed as 'Children's Dictionaries' this one seems a lot more comprehensive.

The layout, print size and font are all excellent to support your child as they search for the right word. The subject word itself is presented in contrasting bold blue text while the details about the word and it's use are in a normal black font.

The dictionary is a good size and so far every word we have been looking for has been found. I would recommend this to other parents to support homework and home learning. It's a step ahead of other dictionaries for children.
on 16 June 2011
This was exactly what I was looking for my 10 year old daughter to use for school work. The print is an ideal size for children. Great value for money
on 2 December 2011
this is exactly what i was looking for. it's much easy for my 10 year old to use than a regular dictionary and she can look words up all by herself now :)
on 14 June 2012
This is a great dictionary. I brought this for my young son and he finds it very easy to find the words he is looking for. The explainations are in a simple and understanding form. I would recomend this for any young student.
on 23 October 2011
We were after an age appropriate dictionary for our daughter to use at home and after a lot of research seems the best available.
on 4 January 2012
An absolutely fantastic dictionary for school, my son hasn't stopped using it for his homework since I purchased it. Well worth the money!
on 6 April 2014
Very good selection of words, old and modern. Printed alphabet along the edge of each page is nice touch for children until they get used to word search method. Definitions are short and easy to understand and are much clearer than those given by my old Webster's dictionary. Clear examples of usage given. Font size, page layout and design are all very good. It means the entries can be read by some parents and grandparents without reading glasses! Wished I had something like this when I young.
on 18 January 2013
its one of those essential items you need for your kids when they are at school - great help simple to use and understand great price too
on 7 June 2014
The book arrived within the time stated.

I bought this for my grandson as he asked me to get him a dictionary. He is 8 years old and he loves it!

The words are set out clearly and the explanations are suitable for 8yr olds and for primary level children. It is A5 size and quite chunky. So, it will be left at home rather than taken to school in his bag.

I am very please with my purchase and the right one wasn't too difficult to find on Amazon.
on 6 December 2012
Well worth buying if you want your child to excel in English as that's the tongue of the future and its well worth it every penny.