Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 November 2011
My 7yr old daughter kept asking what words meant from her spelling tests. After reviewing the 2007 feedback's I thought we couldnt go wrong with the 2011 edition and we are not disspointed, my daughter uses it weekly and finds her words/descriptions easily. There is so much in and to this dictionary that my friends have also looked at it and were as impressed as me. I would reccomend this to an age range of 7+ if you are looking into junior dictionary's then dont look any further - purchase NOW .......
on 31 October 2011
Great dictionary for kids. I bought it for my 9yr old son. He likes it and finds it easy to use (well, easy enough - he is just learning how to use a dictionary after all!). The alphabet is written on each page which is great to help in deciding if you need to go forwards or backwards in the book to find your word. Obviously it doesn't have ALL the words in the English language, but a child this age would only find that offputting, so this is a very manageable dictionary.
on 23 January 2013
I got this for my granddaughter to help with her homework. It is easy to use and is well illustrated. Suitable for 7 yrs upwards.
on 12 October 2012
Great, just what is needed by my child at school. It is the correct level dictionary for Year 2 primary work and is sturdy, if not a little heavy.
on 17 April 2013
my eight year old daughter has found this really easy to use, as it is similar to what they use at school. Speedy delivery
on 31 March 2013
I really liked this dictionary very easy to use for kids also fun and very clear i recommend for all children's ages
on 19 January 2013
I bought this as it had the best reviews and I'm glad I followed the crowd. Its a well thought out guide for children making it easy for them to both find and understand the word they are looking for.
on 11 February 2016
While the explanations of the words which are in there are good, there are too many words which are not included. Frustrating to search for a word, and then find it's not there - not because you've misspelt it, but because someone's decided not to include it. Better to go the whole hog and use a "normal" dictionary, in my (and my 10 year old's) opinion.
on 14 January 2013
I bought this dictionary for my 9 year old grandaughter. She has spent hours looking up words and even copying the ilustrations. Well worth the money, easy to use, colourful and educational. I,d recommend this as a learning tool for junior children.
on 3 October 2013
I bought this along with the Oxford Primary Thesaurus for my 8 year old daughter. It is not too difficult to use and aswell as the definition most words are supported with an example sentence or short phrase showing the word in use.