4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 21 Aug 2011
This review is from: Lotta Makes a Mess (Paperback)
The lotta books are a great joy for childen 5-8 and adults. I loved them as a child already, and my son let's us read them again and again.
The fact that Lotto is quite naughty helps a lot. Highly recomendable!

5.0 out of 5 stars a hit with my 6 year old, 17 July 2013
K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotta Makes a Mess (Paperback)
My daughter is currently getting through all of Astrid Lindgren's books, she of course loves Pippi and we are reading "Emil from Lonneberg" and "Karsten on the Roof" in Danish. This version of Lotta is simple enough, has pictures and fairly big print so perfect for younger readers but is also a good book to have read out loud. Lotta is funny and headstrong and a bit naughty! In this book she has had enough of her family so decides to move out into an out building belonging to her neighbour!

5.0 out of 5 stars More translations please!, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Lotta Makes a Mess (Paperback)
I buy as many Lotta translations as are shown on Amazon. Are there more that are not yet available? More, More, More.

I read them through myself before sending to a greatneice living in Australia, five years old now. Mum must read each to her, as well as Dad. She wants more and more and more but is not yet ready for Pippa Longstockings by the same author. A treat in store!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story full of wry humour which parents will enjoy as much as their children do, 26 April 2014
Debbie Young "Debbie Young" (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotta Makes a Mess (Paperback)
This is the second Lotta book that my daughter and I have read together, and it was as much fun as the first, though this time the chapters make up a single long story rather than lots of short stand-alone tales. We really enjoyed the story about the small girl who runs away from home to live with a lovely neighbour next door, full of sweet comic touches about parenting and growing up, and of course having a happy resolution for all. It contains the same anarchic humour that makes Lindgren's better-known Pippi Longstocking so well-loved, but this time with entirely realistic children and setting. Timeless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful bedtime read for a six year old, 20 Mar 2014
Ms. Tamara M. Shand "tshand22" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotta Makes a Mess (Paperback)
My six year old and I loved this book which we read under the title Lotta on Troublemaker St. Lotta is very realistically portrayed, delightfully naughty, and independent. It's a sweet story about a five year old who disagrees with her mother on an itchy sweater and decides to move out into the neighbours attic. When darkness sets in Lotta begins to reassess her decision and is relieved to give in to her parents pleas that they will miss her so much if she moves out.

If you already own Lotta on Troublemaker Street published by Simon and Schuster there is no need to buy this title as it is the same story.

Lotta Makes a Mess
Lotta Makes a Mess by Astrid Lindgren (Paperback - 1 May 2008)
3.99