5.0 out of 5 stars Lively fun with heart
Published on 30 Dec 2009 by Just J

3.0 out of 5 stars Great story but bit tatty
This book was advertised as used but in good condition. I would say it was certainly no more than in fair condition. It didn't particularly matter to me as I just wanted another copy to replace a very old one I'd had for years but the description was misleading. The packaging was very good and there was prompt delivery.
Published 15 months ago by Christine

5.0 out of 5 stars Lively fun with heart, 30 Dec 2009
This review is from: Where's My Darling Daughter? (Paperback)
This book was given to my 19 month old daughter for Xmas and I can't believe I'm the first reviewer. My daughter has wanted it as one of her bedtime books every night since. Every time she giggles as she points to where "darling daughter" is 'hiding' on Poppa Bombola's back - at first you can barely see she's there, but as the story progresses, it's obvious that "darling daughter" is having a whale of a time as PB rushes about in a panic looking for her.

There are some lovely details in the pictures, such as the cat and pig bringing DDs shoes and the cat weeing with shock when PB picks him up (it's subtle but there none the less).

My daughter obviously enjoys the rhyming and rhythm of the words (as do I) - if you're looking for something lively and fun with a pull-on-the-heart-strings last page rhyme (well for me anyway), or for a pressie for dad from his DD on his birthday or Father's day, then I highly recommend you consider this book. After all, whose heart wouldn't melt for a father who'd ruin his best boots in the pond while looking for his darling daughter?

3.0 out of 5 stars Great story but bit tatty, 9 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous funny book!, 4 Sep 2011
S. Davies (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where's My Darling Daughter? (Paperback)
This is a great book for boosting self esteem. Every darling daughter should have a copy. Dad's going demented because he can't find his daughter, and the reader feels great because he or she can see exactly where she is. I won't spoil the fun by telling you where she is. Lovely alliterative text adds to the charm of this funny story.

Where's My Darling Daughter?
Where's My Darling Daughter? by Mij Kelly (Paperback - 17 Mar 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01