on 9 June 2012
I just baught this for my sister, because she adores this book, and she is 20+ haha!
Childhood memories recall this chilling poetic story of a Highwayman and his lover, Bess.
I can't remember too much so apologies if the names are wrong!

But to make this short. Buy this. Buy this because you will love it and read it always.
The art is scary, and beautiful and all those things I have mentioned.
You won't quite find a book like this!
on 13 June 2009
The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes, I bought this because my sister used to read it to me in bed when I was a small child! I have never forgotten it. The copy is beautiful ilustrated, and brought back memories.
on 22 June 2013
Very pleased. Very good condition as described. It's one of my favourite books and an excellent way for children to understand metaphors and similes at such a young age. (primary school teacher)
on 25 October 2015
This is one of my favourite poems.I was made to learn it as a child and it's atmospheric story stayed with me ever since. I bought this edition for the illustrations which are marvellous.
on 20 November 2011
It's perfect, the book is in pristine condition.
The illustrations took me back years and the poem itself holds a secure place in my heart.
Thank you very much.
on 28 May 2013
This is a beautiful combination of Alfred Noyes' poem with the staggeringly inspiring illustrations of Charles Keeping. Something to keep and share. Classic.
on 14 February 2014
This is a classic story, that has something for everyone

It's got ghosts, a love story, a highwayman

What's not to love!!!!
on 24 February 2012
Excellent product promptly dispatched and arrived exactly on time at the address I wished it to go to (which was different to my own)
on 18 May 2016
Very quick and in good quality.
on 22 January 2000
This is one of the best poems I have ever read, it is perfect all the way through and the illustrations are brilliant too.