5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 21 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Follow Me Down (Hardcover)
Follow Me Down isn't likely to be my favourite book of the year but it is certainly a compelling read! The characters were original and interesting. Sometimes it's hard to really care about characters in novels but I found Tom and "the freaks" very likable. I enjoyed the storyline and as I turned the last page, I found myself reluctant to put this book away.
When your other books are unappealing, you'll appreciate this as a less demanding read. Which no book shelf should be without.

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow me Down, 12 July 2003
Vanessa Fox (Blewbury, Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Follow Me Down (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful tale, extremely original and full of great characters. It involves the reader in real modern day issues with Tom's mother and grandmother, and takes us back in time to some fascinating and unusual issues and characters of the 19th Century. The 'freaks', Astra, Malachi Twist, the Gorilla Woman and the rest of them, truly come alive for us, and their stories, sometimes very funny, sometimes sad, build up to a really exciting climax. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 11 Jan 2014
Ursula Osborne "Ursula" (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Follow Me Down (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed it immensley. Very different. Went on to read all the others I could find. The Merrybegot is also good. I like the way the author writes. Addresses issues of mortality and sickness, human frailty.

Follow Me Down by Julie Hearn (Hardcover - 3 July 2003)
Used & New from: 0.01