5.0 out of 5 stars Little Classic
I first read this almost thirty years ago as part of my French A Level course. I have read it every couple of years ever since. It has always been one of my favourite all time books. Is it a childrens' or a grown up's book. Who cares? It speaks to everyone.
Published on 2 Oct 2003 by S. Cornforth

1.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs down.
Published on 22 Oct 2003 by E.L. Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Classic, 2 Oct 2003
S. Cornforth "Steve Cornforth" (Liverpool, UK England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Little Prince: Sixtieth-Anniversary Gift Edition (Hardcover)
It is the simple tale of a pilot who is grounded in the desert and meets the enigmatic Prince who has come from another planet. A tiny planet inhabited by the Prince and his beloved flower - and the constant fear of Baobab trees which could overwhelm everything. It is so small that he once watched 44 sunsets. He watches these when he is sad. How sad he must have been on that day observes the narrator. It is a beautiful story about friendship. We laugh as much as we cry. The author's drawing of the empty landscape after his friend's departure still chokes me.
But there is also the humour. Normally at the expense of our bizarre adult world. The Prince meets a merchant who sells a pill that means there is no need to drink. This could save several minutes each day. The Little Prince observes that if he had that time he would go to a fountain and have a nice cool drink.
St. Exupery is much loved in France. He was even on the money before the Euro arrived. This is much deserved for this little classic alone. Read it in English or French or whatever you like. But read it - now.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Little Prince, 23 Nov 2010
I have always loved the story of the Little Prince and this pop up book follows the story with the same pictures, in the water colour washes of the original book. The pop ups beautifully enhance the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A charming philosophy book disguised as a children's story, 24 May 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Little Prince (Paperback)
This book is full of clever insights into the meaning of life. The Prince is stranded on a planet where he has to protect a rose which doesn't like draughts with a glass cover and regularly clean out the volcanoes to prevent them erupting! He meets characters who are obsessed, for example, with money and by asking simple childlike questions exposes their folly.
A joy to possess and revisit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs down., 22 Oct 2003
E.L. Harris (Carlisle, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
This was a pricey mistake. I thought it couldn't fail to be well worth getting this as I knew The Little Prince as a priceless story. I got more and more disappointed and frustrated as I read this fancy-package anniversary edition. I found this version suprisingly bad and can't imagine why the publishers have produced it. Compared with the older version it's cold and leaden. If you know & love that other one, this one will almost certainly let you down. Just hasn't got the same joy, tension, tragedy, 'je ne sais quoi'. It's got a more matter-of-fact tone which for me became increasingly jarring; the other had a feel to it that made it more moving & endearing. Reading this translation was like discovering an imposter when I was expecting a dearest old friend

5.0 out of 5 stars a book for children and grown-ups, 17 Jun 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: The Little Prince (Hardcover)
I read The Little Prince for the first time when I was ten years old. Now I am 28 and I have a collection of it in more than 20 languages. It talks about the desert, the stars, and men who don't have roots.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!, 13 Feb 2014
Beautiful and exceptional book!!!
I really like to flip through the pages and find a great work of paper engineers!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Warm, Thought Provoking, 27 Jan 2014
Wonderful, Warm, Thought Provoking. I really enjoyed this book and think everyone should read it young and old. Delightful. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Little Prince, 1 Jan 2014
Mark (Farnborough, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I think this book is great for ages 10 and plus asithas some tricky words in it and is quite confusing.
But over all it is a good book.
Also it does'nt have that many pages in so if you wanted to just read a short book you could read this one.

BRILLIANT BOOK!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE FIRST BOOK FOR OUR LITTLE PRINCE, 2 Oct 2013
L. CORI - See all my reviews
Book was delivered really quickly, it's really beautiful and it's the first present we've bought for our little baby boy ... our own little Prince

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Book for Kids, 28 Jun 2013
Very nice book. This book is a perfect way to introduce kids into reading and getting interested on sharing time with parents.

The Little Prince: Sixtieth-Anniversary Gift Edition
The Little Prince: Sixtieth-Anniversary Gift Edition by Antoine Saint (Hardcover - April 2003)
Used & New from: 8.66