4.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" to buy for your children., 19 May 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: On the Day You Were Born: A Photo Journal (Spiral-bound)
A beautiful book to celebrate the birth of a child. The clear simple illustrations complement the text: "On the day you were born, the Earth turned, the Moon pulled, the Sun flared, and, then, with a push, you slipped out into the dark quiet where you could suddenly hear...." The extra information at thte back of the book gives some fascinating information for older children. You may find the sentiment a bit to saccharin as an American book, but for the children it hits the right note.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 21 July 1999
By A Customer
This book puts into words beautifully, how every parent feels about their child. A wonderful present for parents-to-be. I have to wait until my two year old is asleep before I read it to him as I cannot read it without crying (sounds pointless, but I hope his subconscious is getting the message - if that makes sense?)!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best gift book, 18 Dec. 2006
Tc Goodwin "dravensmum" (suffolk uk) - See all my reviews
I was given this book when my child was born. That was three years ago, and I had yet to read it without crying. This is a very powerful book. The author has put so much into this book and it shows beautifully. This is a must have for your child and for anyone you know that has children themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual birth-day book, 6 Sept. 2011
Board book, slightly larger than A5. Basic but bright illustations including a little 'person' who wanders over the pages which my 2-year old finds fascinating. Beautifully written story of how the earth turns/works/prepares in the run up to a baby's birth. Quite scientific as well as inspirational. An unusual favourite after a couple of read-throughs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best childrens book, 12 July 2013
This book was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad I found it, it is by far one of the nicest children's books I have read. It brings a tear to my eye as I reach the end and remember the birth of my little boy.
I would recommend this book to any new parent or as the perfect gift at a baby shower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 Sept. 2013
Great present or a newborn... Beautiful words and so fitting for babies, girl or boy. I received this as a gift when I had my second, loved it so much that I bought one for a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for a keepsake, 22 Oct. 2014
Quite q thought provoking book which I bought for my new grandson. I'm sure it will be lovely for him to look at in the future. Sturdy make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Book, 12 July 2012
Q88 (London, England) - See all my reviews
I have to say it brought a tear to my eye when I read this book and I know my niece will love it when her baby daughter is born soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!!, 3 May 2014
Nice little book to give it away for someone close to you in their birthday... Good value!!! Will recommended to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Oct. 2014
love it - such a relaxing bed time read

On the Day You Were Born: A Photo Journal
On the Day You Were Born: A Photo Journal by Debra Frasier (Spiral-bound - April 2001)