5.0 out of 5 stars It's like a conversation with David Lynch...
(This relates to the audiobook version of this product - not yet available on Amazon.co.uk, so I got mine from Amazon.com)

First, for any Lynch fan, I strongly recommend the audiobook. I listened to it in the car, and it was just like having Lynch as a travelling companion, chatting about Life, the Universe, and Everything. A fun and amazing experience...
Published on 23 Nov 2007 by J. Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry David ...
Published 7 months ago by BewleyBooks

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like a conversation with David Lynch..., 23 Nov 2007
J. Scott "JS" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

First, for any Lynch fan, I strongly recommend the audiobook. I listened to it in the car, and it was just like having Lynch as a travelling companion, chatting about Life, the Universe, and Everything. A fun and amazing experience!

Lynch seems to have become something of an evangelist for Transcendental Meditation, but really, only a small percentage of the material is *directly* about meditation per se. For the most part, it consists of little biographical details, 'behind the scenes' stories about his movies, and general chit-chat on the creative process in general.

If you've already read the book 'Lynch on Lynch' (and if you're a Lynch fan, I'm sure you already have - if not, RUN now and get a copy!) Anyway, if you've already read it, you'll have come across a lot of these little anecdotes before - but they really come to life when you hear them directly from Lynch himself.

I'm not generally a fan of audiobooks, but this is definitely one instance where the audio version knocks the socks off the paper version!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to catch the really BIG fishes in life, 10 May 2007
Not only for fans of David Lynch's works this book on Transcendental Meditation and its ways of how to get ideas can be interesting. Every person who looks for a way to more creativity and inspiration can profit from this book.

Of course the author mainly talks about his movies and experiences with the life of a filmmaker, painter and, say, universal artist. But these are just examples to show how this way of meditation works. All in all, TM has nothing to do with a special form of religion, rather it means another way of thinking - more positive thinking - in order to let more bliss, inspiration and ideas drop in your mind.

A big plus of this book: Lynch talks in short and plain sentences. Unlike his movies and other works, which may often tend to confuse the viewer, Lynch aims to give precise information. So it is easier to focus on the real subject-matter, which really made me think: According to David Lynch's opinion, Transcendental Meditation and consciousness-based education lead to a life in peace. Worldwide. Therefore, in my eyes, this method of meditation is definitely worth a try, don't you think?

I recommend to buy the unabridged audiobook version. These 2 CDs made me feel to be in conversation with David Lynch himself while I was listening to his voice.

And should Mr. Lynch read these lines: David, for me you are a genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, Informative, and Genuine, 14 Nov 2010
Davids book shows us how T.M. as helped him on all levels of his life. It is quite an open, touchingly told memoir of how for example Transcendental Meditation changed his life by removing his habitual anger and providing a space to dive within and remove cumulative daily stress. I love the way he intertwines his film making and his ongoing life with his twice daily meditation, which has really worked for him on all levels of his life.
In many respects he is brave to put his beliefs out there and call the people to meditate as a way of improving the world.
Any rational person wants peace within themselves and for our world. Here David shows us an effortless method we could all use to our benefit in his wonderful book. The technique brings peace and rest in a troubled world.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry David ..., 16 Dec 2013
I sincerely didn't want to give this such a low mark, but I had bought this book on the assumption that it would give vignettes of how David gets his inspiration for his creativity (films) through the particular type of meditation he practices. I was quite saddened to find that it is simply a collection of 'notes' about his experiences during various film projects. Not much about - nor links to - the practice of meditation and its results, at all. I couldn't get 'in' to it and am not inspired at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare insight into the creative mind of Lynch, 25 Jan 2011
I've been a fan of David Lynch's work for over 20 years. I really enjoyed this book on how to expand creativity. Lynch was always ahead of his time, and this book is no exception. A must read for anyone wishing to expand beyond their current limitations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guide to understand David Lynch, 26 May 2010
Joao Sousa (PT) - See all my reviews
If you are interested in understand a little bit of the David Lynch world - and films - you have to read this book.
He talk a lot about the benefits of meditation and how he use it to open his mind. Take a look, you don't regret it.
Besides this is a beautiful Hardcover book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, inspiring book, 3 Mar 2009
D. A. Thompson "DT" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This little book is rich with wonderfully straightforward reflections on consciousness and creativity. Each section is its own contained sutra for the artist (or anyone who wishes to live fully in their field). Buy it. Read it. Keep it to hand. Reach for it and open to any page. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Glimmer of Enlightenment, 9 Mar 2008
Mr. Daniel J. Mcdowell "fan-dan-go" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I stumbled upon this book by accident when searching for "Inland Empire". Being a big David Lynch fan I was naturally intrigued by the prospect of learning how the man comes up with and channels ideas. Upon reading the book, I was not dissapointed.

Transcendental Meditation is a relatively new concept to me, however, something about it was instantly alluring. Where I once may have dismissed the benefits of this technique, having heard Mr. Lynch speak of it in such a grounded fashion has only served to deepen my interest.

I am almost tempted to believe that I have been led to this subject (by fate or whatever force you may choose to believe in???). The very same day I discovered this book I also acquired a copy of the science-fiction novel "Discipline" by Paco Ahlgren, which tells the story of a man developing extra-sensory powers through meditation. And totally by chance I discovered a copy of "The Tao of Physics" by Fritjof Capra; an exploration of the paralells between Eastern mysticism and modern physics.

It amazes me that by chance I purchased three seemingly different books (personal record, science-fiction and semi-scientific text) on the same day all of which tell of the usefulness of meditation and its benefits in our modern world.

Coincidence or not, my interest has peaked and I have been offered a glimmer of the enlightenment that all three of these books speak of.

I highly recommend each of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars inciteful and inspiring, 18 April 2014
This is a great book for those interested in TM. It's interesting to see how it affects david lynchs life in a positive way and not by "giving him ideas". Reccemmonded read.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended, 12 April 2013
Great insight useful for everyone -but specifically artists and people working creatively...fascinating stuff and everyone would find meditation life changing so a great present for others too

Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity