It

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book
Really lovely book to look at and has lots of different Images/draws etc. The book itself is more of her thoughts than anything however she does give tips and talks about her fashion taste. If you are a fan of alexa then you will probably really enjoy this as I do. It however doesn't take very long to read so isn't a long in deep book about her life more rambles of...
Published 5 days ago by rachael

1.0 out of 5 stars Confused
Even after my second read, I am still struggling to understating the point of this book. Highlight was probably the drawing of the onion midway through.
Published 16 months ago by Amy Mann

1.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 2 Oct. 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars There's nothing to "It", 9 Sept. 2013
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Wow! What a mess and a huge mistake by me (and Alexa).
I expected so much more and was left with a feeling that Alexa Chung and her friends need a huge reality check.

I usually love books like this and was expecting something along the lines of 'Rookie Yearbook One' by Tavi Gevinson or 'The Goddess Guide' by Gisele Scanlon - one of my all time favourite books.

I'm 19 and when I heard Alexa was writing a book I thought that's my Christmas list sorted but unfortunately no. If it were even a tiny bit more like The Goddess Guide with drawings and photographs and personal stories I'd have given it another star but unfortunately I've found nothing to date as cool for art, photography and super smart writing.

Also I don't like the "It" title. What does "It" mean?

It seems that "It" is devoid of any reality....

John Crace's 'Digested Read' in The Guardian, reviewed 'It' and summed up exactly how I feel here after 1 hour of frustrated reading...

There's nothing to "It"

I still love Alexa on TV but I'm afraid from now on I'll give her books a miss.

Unfortunately on this occasion she comes across as sycophantic and rather uncool. There's very little to champion here : ( and it's also too expensive.

I hate being so negative but "It" is a huge disappointment. : (

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy unless you really love Alexa's style, 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
This book is a rant of her personal style and what she wears. Pointless photographs. More like her journal of her fashion tastes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tell me this book is a joke! PLEASE!, 9 Dec. 2013
S.M. Gidley (Sidmouth, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Celebrity books - I can understand why they're allowed to happen, they're now fact of life.

With a biography, a proper writer, or at least an editor, is involved somewhere along the line to introduce a bit of quality control and you'll get some fairly decent photos thrown in.

And then there's this book. I read this in an hour. It is beyond dreadful. If you're looking for any insight into Chung's "style", you won't find it here. I've seen this book described as "musings"; if this was what was going on inside my head I would think twice about publishing it in a book. I think that it's fair to say that when she dies, if the manuscript for this book is donated to an archive they are going to receive a few Post-its all stuck together.

Hilariously, she writes about her love of canvas bags over "it" bags. Ironic when you consider that Mulberry named a very expensive handbag after her.

Although I hate to write the cliché, this is style over substance. Far more thought has gone into the book's layout than its contents. The photos are the standard blurry snapshots, with wishy-washy blown-out colours and everyone looking as if they need a good night's sleep and a hair wash. And don't get me started on the terrible cartoons.

I never thought I would say this, but if you want a better celebrity style book, I'd buy Victoria Beckham's...

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
It was so cringe worthy I couldn't stop reading! A bit like smelling your own farts.
If I could have rated it 0 stars I would have.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't even give one star!, 29 Sept. 2013
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Dull. Boring. Awful. No purpose in this book what so ever. Pictures of random people (no idea who they are), her drawings look like they're drawn by a 2 year old & she's completely full of herself... No idea why!?

1.0 out of 5 stars I definitely would not buy this for the kindle like I did - it should not be available on ..., 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: It (Kindle Edition)
I definitely would not buy this for the kindle like I did - it should not be available on an older kindle like mine as it was just awful! I couldn't really see the pictures. Beyond this I think this is just a terrrible book. I literally found no usefulness from it what so ever. There was no style advice or tips or even insight into Alexas life. An example of this relentless drivel was about 10 pages taken up purely on women she likes from films! I am sad as I love Alexas style and I also thought she seemed quite intelligent so her book might be at the very least interesting to a fashion fan like myself - but absolutely not! Really it just feels like she wanted to make some extra cash off her fashion credentials and spent an hour or two putting together some photos and making a few lists. if you love fashion just go and buy a copy of vogue or Grazia instead! Diehard Alexa fans only I feel!

1.0 out of 5 stars Inanities and doodles and famous people pics, 23 Sept. 2013
Purpleheart (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Just awful.. and very expensive for the very slight volume that it is.

As others have said John Crace in the Guardian has summed it up perfectly in his digested reads...Oh and provides more entertainment to boot.

1.0 out of 5 stars IT isn't all that, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Save your self the money, and time by not buying this book, nice to look at but dull and bland throughout.

1.0 out of 5 stars SH IT, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Erm, I didn't really expect much from her royal stickness and only purchased out of intrigue, however, really?

If it was not for the teens who aspire to be thin and an "icon/muse" like her, then I am certain no publisher would have entertained this.

Only plus side - looks pretty on a bookshelf.

It
It by Alexa Chung (Hardcover - 29 Oct. 2013)
Used & New from: £14.39